AuthorTopic: Madam Drew and Ridiculus  (Read 11357 times)

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Madam Drew and Ridiculus

on: June 27, 2007, 12:28:12 pm

More fun with Arne's palette :D
I'm going to draw some jars of bat wings or something for her later.
11 colors.

Edit:

Added some candles and a jester. I drew him a few years back, so his anatomy was a bit odd in places, but I think I fixed most of it :)
14 colors.

Edit2: Latest (and final?) version:

:D Thanks for all the help, guys!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 11:40:25 pm by Arachne »

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

Re: Madam Drew and her crystal ball

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 01:23:39 pm
I love it outstanding.the only thing I see is that the hand on the left looks alitle weird,I think the hand is to close to the ball,and it's hard for me to make out the hand.Other than that it is a fine piece of work. 2 thumbs up  :y:  :y:
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 01:24:59 pm
ya the hand on the top of the ball isnt very readable. looks like a blob.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 04:36:47 pm
her right hand reads very well to me actually, but her left hand's pinky looks a tad thick and a tad long, otherwise awesome start!

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Re: [WIP] Madam Drew and Ridiculus

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:15:22 pm
Thanks, I'll get that pinky fixed. And I just noticed that the ball is shaped oddly, too. Oops :D

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 08:19:10 pm
I like the new picture but the too styles don't match.Ones shaded with dithiring and the others not,But I think you plan on fixing it up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:20:42 pm by PASSOUT »
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 08:48:34 pm
Having the Jester in front of the Fortune Teller looks very odd. Presumably her crystal ball is balanced on a table (or something similar) and as such the Jester seems to be standing too close/far forward. I think it would also help with the composition for the Fortune Teller to overlap the Jester.

The candles are out of perspective, or at the very least don't properly appear to have melted at an angle. Like others have said the Jester's hand is weird, and has no reason to be extended like that; making the pose seem very unatural.

You seem to have a good grasp of the palette, but I don't think you managed to portray enough volume on the Fortune Teller's right hand, and the fingers on her left hand seem to be the wrong lengths. This is especially the case with her pinky finger.

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 09:57:09 pm

OK, candles should look better now, and I've shortened Drew's fingers. Not sure what to do about the other hand, though :-\
Quote from: Faceless
Having the Jester in front of the Fortune Teller looks very odd. Presumably her crystal ball is balanced on a table (or something similar) and as such the Jester seems to be standing too close/far forward. I think it would also help with the composition for the Fortune Teller to overlap the Jester.
Well, I wanted her a bit more in the background, but I'll see what I can do :) He's already pretty tall, so I guess that's not really a problem either way.
Quote from: Faceless
Like others have said the Jester's hand is weird, and has no reason to be extended like that; making the pose seem very unatural.
Yeah, that's his "ew" pose :D I'm going to add a stack of books or something similar next to him with something icky on top. I hope it'll make more sense then.

Edit: Something more like this?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:08:42 am by Arachne »

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 03:15:54 am
Looks better...but Drew puts a shadow on the jester's body, and since there are two light sources, (the orange one being the other one) he should set one on her as well. Other than that, looks quite nice.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 05:44:47 am
I'm gonna have to disagree with Zero here. For one it isn't certain that the orange lightsource is directly opposite the blue and for two i think it would have a detrimental effect on the image, you can call it artistic license :D
thanks Dogmeat!