AuthorTopic: The Reaper/New Dump...  (Read 7556 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

The Reaper/New Dump...

on: June 27, 2007, 02:42:36 am
    Yep...not sure what inspired this..but it was fun. I am thinking I should remove the light beams from the scythe... Anyways Crits/ comments are greatly appreciated :)

I also think I am getting the hang of AA..slowly but surley..

Update is in process..but I went ahead and made this a dump...

;D Just a little fun...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:11:25 pm by Malor »
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: The Reaper.

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 04:20:37 am
I like it, save for the black outlines inside, the same effect could be achieved with shading.:)

His stance looks like he'll topple over to the left, so I suggest moving his right foot (not leg) a bit more to his right.

The aa on the outline seems to have made almost no difference, as it still looks jaggy. :huh:

I really like that scythe. Not the shine, but the scythe head itself. And the overall design is pretty cool too.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline legofreak

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:16:30 am
looks like tingle is melting away :D

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:44:27 pm
He's cute :)
Your anti-aliasing seems a bit random as it is now. Especially the diagonal lines seem fuzzy. I suggest reading some tutorials on AA to better understand how it works.
How about giving him a more interesting pose? Turn the scythe around, make him seem like he's ready to use it. :D

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 01:28:46 pm
looks like he has boobs

Good. I wanted him to be fat..ish.

Yeah, I see the problems with the AA, expecially with the shaft of the scythe. I'll probably end up redoing the AA..and update will be posted soon. Thanks for the comments ;D
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 01:30:11 pm
oh ok :P then you have achieved fatness. maybe add a beerbelly :P
the scythe looks a little fuzzy as others said

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 08:10:44 pm
An update is in process..in the meantime I may aswell go ahead and make this a dump...

"emo is still cool..right guys?"...just having some fun ;D

I am glad I am starting to see improvement in my work..

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: The Reaper/New Dump...

Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 12:29:10 am
Your reaper piece has a cool character concept going for it. I'd say kick the resolution up and give him some more personality, the costume deserves a face. It's a really interesting twist on the generic reaper cliche.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 02:26:55 am
Your reaper piece has a cool character concept going for it. I'd say kick the resolution up and give him some more personality, the costume deserves a face. It's a really interesting twist on the generic reaper cliche.

Why thank you kindly ;D...I had soccer practice today, which I forgot about, so I shall mess with the reaper tomorrow..now, Im going to bed :crazy:

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 07:59:24 pm
Yeah.. I messed with the AA of the reaper..and made it a bit more defined... I didn't change the scythe yet..and I relented and added a skull..which I am probably removing, because I like the light/fire/eye thing. Oh, and I removed the light beam..not sure if it is any better.. Opinions?