AuthorTopic: Period piece: Panzers on the prowl WIP  (Read 42880 times)

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Period piece: Panzers on the prowl WIP

Reply #60 on: August 18, 2007, 04:52:34 pm
Sorry to say I'm posting to contradict an edit, but I'd have to say you should be careful with all these plastic shines. We're dealing with war-torn uniforms and stuff, grays, earthly hues and such should probably be used to retain the ambience of war, not super-brights and video-game plastics you seem to be using in the majority of your edits, bengoshia. Try to keep an active mind when you're editing somebody else, with respect to what they're supposed to be doing.
Yeah good points there, the clothes look pretty shiny actually, I need to study up more on how different types of fabric/objects react to light. Was just trying to help Jack, though yeah, Helm has brought up a good point so I apologize. Update's gonna be great!

Offline JackBauer24

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: August 25, 2007, 03:59:34 pm
alright folks, got an update for you'll.  I hope that you enjoy it.  There is still stuff that needs fixing but I just wanted to show what I have right now.  Thanks!

Jack

Offline JackBauer24

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:14 pm
Hello again,  man this project is sure draining at times.  Its coming around but still needs some tweaks.  I am finding that it lacks in the whole destruction thing.  It would be cool to have smoke and flames, etc.   I cant find any detailed flames tutorials for some reason.  Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places.  If anyone knows how to draw them, can you help me by teaching?  Thank you!  ;D

Jack

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #63 on: August 30, 2007, 02:13:28 pm
Jack, you might wanna look on Pixeljoint, maybe even on Pixelation for some examples of fire in pixel art(Or just search for actual pictures of fires). To be honest I've never seen an actual tutorial on it but yeah, just search in those places.

Offline JackBauer24

• View Profile

Reply #64 on: September 13, 2007, 04:43:28 pm
Hey guys, I have a question for you.  I was thinking of a new look for the scene and was wondering which one of these do you all prefer or whether I should go in an entirely different direction?  Thanks again!

Jack

Offline JackBauer24

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: September 19, 2007, 10:13:21 pm
Alrighty, time for a major update.  I have decided to do a total rethink on the whole piece and here is the current result.  Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts!

Jack

WIP

Offline JackBauer24

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: October 04, 2007, 02:40:35 pm
This is a project that keeps drawing me back.  Ive done a bit of work on it but I still feel that it is lacking something...Maybe its the trees, the shading...Not sure.  If anyone has any ideas, I need a boost in morale.  Thanks!

Jack

Current state:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:46:27 pm by JackBauer24 »

Offline JackBauer24

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: October 23, 2007, 07:55:29 pm
Hey guys, here is an update on the German tank in Normandy.  Hope you like it.  Yeah it still needs work but hey, its me...lol.  One thing thats frustrating me is that I don't think its moody enough.  I picture in my mind a town torn apart.  I just don't think that Ive gotten there yet.  Anyhow, here it is.

Jack

WIP:

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #68 on: October 24, 2007, 04:50:06 pm
Its far to bright to be a town torn apart, make a darker atmosphere at for example the sky, also please put in an increase of either contrast or colour variety per object, its so 'dull' in colours now.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #69 on: October 24, 2007, 06:57:38 pm
The lack of a strong light source makes this feel EXTREMELY flat.  Sorry to say....
Yes, there is shades and highlights, but they are so gradual that they aren't even worth while.
You've added some depth using scale and saturation, which is good.  Now go a bit further and use some lights and darks.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.