AuthorTopic: Im Noob - Test with tactics ogre characters.  (Read 3757 times)

Offline MadHippie

• peace in mind, peace in life
    • View Profile

Im Noob - Test with tactics ogre characters.

on: June 25, 2007, 06:11:26 pm
Hey everyone. I just took some tactics ogre sprites, and wanted to change into a Only Leaf cloth , and bald man. I Came with this

The front view i kinda like...but how can i make this back view better? ive tryed tons of ways and cannot do it... can someone gimme a advice ?

PS: i also wanted to build my own isometric sprite, but i dont seems to have the skill for it.... but in case i want to, where shall i begin ?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:15:57 pm by MadHippie »
Sorry for any english problems, im brazilian and im not an english expert hehe =) have Fun !

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Im Noob - Test with tactics ogre characters.

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:15:37 pm
Why not start by not editing copyrighted art?

Offline MadHippie

• peace in mind, peace in life
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:18:01 pm
U havent read the PS ya ? :P well, i tryed to make my own sprite but i dont seems to have anought skill. If you tell me where shall i start, i can make a model n post here, so u guys can gimme some tips.

PS AGAIN: hey, whats the deal is copyrighted?  im just praticing...
Sorry for any english problems, im brazilian and im not an english expert hehe =) have Fun !

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:31:17 pm
this is not a ripping or editing forum.  Here we create and critique *original* artwork.

arguments whether editing copyrighted material is good or bad is besides the point - read the rules.  find another forum to do it

I look forward to your original

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:32:33 pm
Even if you don't think you have the skill for it, give it your best shot and post it here.  We'll do what we can to help you out.

If you are still looking for a place to start, try looking at some of the tutorials listed here:

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=3467.0

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 06:38:31 pm
If you're gonna post a sprite edit here, it may pay to at least post the original so for those of us not familiar with the sprite can identify the changes you made.

But yeah, this forum isn't big on sprite editing, myself personally; I don't mind if you need advice for some sprite edits you've made when you're still learning the basics. But, I don't speak for everyone, so I think it would be best to make original work.

how about this for an exercise, just turn this thing into something:

you could just AA the lines, or turn it into something really detailed, it may help you to start out with something not so cramped so you don't have to worry about cramming in detail while still maintaining readability.

so, good luck :)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise