AuthorTopic: Emoticons  (Read 3956 times)

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Emoticons

on: June 30, 2007, 03:09:42 am

Made a few weeks ago for a forum that will never get to fruition. :P

Btw, each row is the same set, but a bit different. So which row looks better?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 03:18:20 am by rabidbaboy »
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Kame

• View Profile

Re: Emoticons

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 03:20:21 am
The 4th row. I like the highlight on the third's, but it's too low and intrusive

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 02:49:00 am
Aw, cute :) The expressions are easy enough to read. The AA won't work very well against a darker background, though. What's the difference between the two first and the two last rows? I agree with Kame about the highlight. Maybe soften it a bit?

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 02:58:54 am
Yea, I'm not seeing a difference between rows 1&3 or 2&4 either.
I think the first would look the best if the highlight was more subtle.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 03:44:42 am
Very slight difference in one of the colors.

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 03:56:15 am
The bottom row's AA is slightly darker than the upper r- Dang it Dusty beat me to it.

About the highlights being too distracting, on my monitor it looks great so I'd go for the third or first row. But thats just me.

As far as critique go's, everything looks very well done, the expressions are wonderful. They're so full of life.
One thing that sticks out to me is the sad emotion just looks like he smells something rancid, but he's not actually sad. One way you could fix that
would be to move the middle section of the mouth one pixel up, and have his eyes downcast. 
And maybe on the laughing one you should raise the outer eyebrows a pixel or two, 'cause right now he looks a little nervous.

But as I said before these emoticons look very nice. Happy pixeling!

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 07:48:45 am
These look good and the subpixeling for the AA is good. All the rows look fine to me (if thats saying much).

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 10:04:25 pm
As far as critique go's, everything looks very well done, the expressions are wonderful. They're so full of life.
One thing that sticks out to me is the sad emotion just looks like he smells something rancid, but he's not actually sad. One way you could fix that
would be to move the middle section of the mouth one pixel up, and have his eyes downcast. 
You mean the first column, right? Hmn, the downcast eyes might be a good idea, though idk about the mouth, I don't want him to look ":<"
And maybe on the laughing one you should raise the outer eyebrows a pixel or two, 'cause right now he looks a little nervous.
Haha, now that you mentioned it, I see what you mean, and it's a bit funny. Will fix that when I'm on my computer(am at an internet cafe, heh)
But as I said before these emoticons look very nice. Happy pixeling!

Thanks guys, the bg color for the forum is the clor the emoticons are on now. (it has a green motif. I have this thing for puke green.)
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 10:49:08 pm
Three, definitely. In fact, I think it would look better if you darkened the um, one color just a tiny bit more.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)