AuthorTopic: Bunny Squad Revamped  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Bunny Squad Revamped

on: June 21, 2007, 10:13:02 pm
Hey! Havent been around lately due to work, however, i had some screen caps from this old project i had; decided to start it again.

Some shots; and the actual game for you guys to try....bare with me, its very premature.

Z = Main Weapon
X = Charge (Main or sub)
C = Subweapon
Space = Switch Subweapon

http://www.freefileupload.net/file.php?file=files/210607/1182463759/Bunny+Squad.zip

-Krut

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Re: Bunny Squad Revamped

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:19:40 pm
Sorry to bump, got some new features;

http://www.freefileupload.net/file.php?file=files/220607/1182543112/Bunny+Squadv2.zip

Now:
-3 Sub weapons now working, but only missile has the charge up ability (Missile, Laser, Wave).
-Dialogue system working and varies according to your actions and objectives (will be improved).
-Mini boss working properly with some minor problems.
-New enemy included, but doesnt fight back.
-Minor fixes and animations
Next Update (at the very least):
-Final sub weapon with charge up ability
-More scenery

Please, do try it out, and post your input.

Im pretty sure i saw some comments before, but it appears they got deleted; not sure why, but thanks for trying it out.
I also still remember some post from Ptoing in the original version where he said i should add more frames to the plane...will be included soon too i think if i can manage to make it work in game.

-Krut
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:21:16 pm by Krut »

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 02:12:06 am
Everything really just feels too small to me. The cloud background seemed to be moving past much faster than it should be. The designs were pretty, but it was hard to get a good look at them with such a small screen and so many bullets to avoid. When I was ready to quit, the Escape key didn't close the game, which I didn't like. Thick dark outlines seemed unneeded to me. I wish the art direction leaned more toward the style of the title screen.

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 05:50:42 am
Hey; update time, sorry, no screenies right now, but please try the demo and give input; its much more balanced now (towards the player :P, the pierce subweapon is fun melee goodness).

http://www.freefileupload.net/file.php?file=files/230607/1182577546/Bunny+Squadv3.zip

New version;

-All subweapon system: (Missile, Laser, Wave, Pierce all with their charged up versions)
-Shield system (press control to activate your shield; but it will drain your exp, bullets absorbed by shield, will replinish exp also)
-Minor fixes; escape key added, clouds are slower

I think that was it

Next version:
-More backdrop/stage

-Everything really just feels too small to me.
-The cloud background seemed to be moving past much faster than it should be.
-The designs were pretty, but it was hard to get a good look at them with such a small screen and so many bullets to avoid.
-When I was ready to quit, the Escape key didn't close the game, which I didn't like.
-Thick dark outlines seemed unneeded to me.
-I wish the art direction leaned more toward the style of the title screen.

-Im sorry, but im keeping the 320x240 resolution for all nostalgic feel...i feel strongly about that, though im pretty sure i uploaded the fullscreen version...how can it "look" small to you?
-Changed the cloud background; even though it now seems slower, it also gives a more clear field of view; thanks.
-Hardly a lot of bullets, unless you are kinda new to shooter...though i toned it down quite a lot, and now that i introduced the shield system, will prolly up it again...already adressed the resolution mode in my first response
-Escape key added; Thanks for mentioning it, im just so used to Alt f4.
-Thick? they are a just a pixel wide..
- Umm, not sure.. about that...i like the current style, and thats just a placeholder (it was the concept art for the main char resized)...but unless it looks downright bad..i think im staying with this.

Thanks a lot for your input i really apreciate it :)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:24:36 pm
The purple sky makes me cringe.

I have a problem with that color :>

I'd like to see more warm colours in it, as it is. It's a gray day outside and the cold is killing me :( Needs happies
' _ '

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:27:00 pm
increases the size on everything with the same resolution would make it look a lot better methinks
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 08:42:48 pm
Yes, i also think the sky steals attention from everything else, it's too saturated and demanding (it's a pretty purple combination though). I think the main sprite should stand out more, the enemies are visually more appealing than the main player, and it should be the other way around.
That larger boat enemy is Great! The vegetation on the ground, and the ceiling/ground textures, not so much, kinda bland.
I haven't played the new version yet, but i remember the one you posted from a few years back being slow, processor intensive for a simple game. Hopefully you've addressed that.
When i get the chance, i'll check out the new version. Good luck with the game!