AuthorTopic: Street Figther HD Remix  (Read 63900 times)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Re: Street Figther HD Remix

Reply #130 on: November 09, 2007, 02:32:45 pm
First off I should make it clear that I really, REALLY hate the way this project is turning out. The thing that aggravates me most is the way these Udon artists are misrepresenting a great game, and oldschool 2D graphics in general.

Having said that, I also think it's totally unfair to be ripping apart leaked WIP art that the artists obviously aren't ready to show anyone, without them even present. The quality of the art is beside the point, it's an honor thing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 02:35:02 pm by Ben2theEdge »
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #131 on: November 09, 2007, 06:13:41 pm
Out of a morbid sense of curiosity, I downloaded the leaked art and opened the PSD files. There are the original pixel frames resized on a layer behind Udon's work. They have already taken liberties, not exactly matching the shapes and positions of the limbs, so that argument is bullshit.

One of the major problems I'm seeing is the difference in design philosophy between low and high resolution work. I can forgive many of the quirks in the original sprites. The priority was making the sprites read, giving them bigger heads and hands to accommodate the detail that conveys the personality of the characters. In high-res, these sacrifices don't need to be made, which is why the Udon sprites look like grotesque mutants. No offense, Blanka.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #132 on: November 11, 2007, 06:56:19 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_CoKEvn45Q

I believe this is the first  video released so far. Really...Using a cell phone camera vid <from what I heard> to advertise their HD game and make it blurry. I feel there some shady reason behind it, like.. hide the details? :huh:

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #133 on: November 11, 2007, 07:59:59 am
probably the best quality vid so far:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/121409.html
grabbed from an HD interview, so don't worry about it jumping :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #134 on: November 11, 2007, 02:05:21 pm
the 'recieve damage' animation and the 'K.O' animation really stuck out to me as in need of major improvement.
untz untz untz?

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Reply #135 on: November 13, 2007, 04:29:20 am
There's no end to the failure around this project, is there? Apparently they're going to rebalance the entire game now, changing timings and button combinations to be more forgiving. They will still let you play the game the old way, but with the old graphics.

So, tell me. If you're not going to stick to the old gameplay with the new graphics.. why the eff are you trying to stick to the old restrictions? This is beyond retarded. They should just've made a completely new engine from scratch, with real artists and animators.

God this pisses me off.

Source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8577209&postcount=1

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #136 on: November 13, 2007, 04:39:22 am
Er, uh... first line of that forum post:
Before you bitch, THE ORIGINAL GAMEPLAY WILL STILL BE INCLUDED AND UNTOUCHED, BUT WITH THE NEW GRAPHICS, it is just an option.

I heard about the changes, and they sound great. What they've changed doesn't really warrant a completely new game. The meat of the game is still based on the old code, while the only addition is in the form of a few changes in the movelists and move properties. It's another Street Fighter 2 revision.

Art still blows, but at least the game itself will continue to rock.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #137 on: November 18, 2007, 06:08:17 pm
HAY GUISE I CANT DO DOWN + DOWN-FORWARD + FORWARD + PUNCH, A SIMPLE COMBINATION OF BUTTONS THATS VERY EASY TO PULL OFF ESPECIALLY ON A CONTROLLER. MAKE IT SO I CAN PRESS DOWN ON THE D-PAD INSTEAD SINCE I AM A FAILURE AT GAMES.

Games are getting too easy, its making gamers weak.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #138 on: November 18, 2007, 11:57:57 pm
weak for what? The upcoming nerd war?

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #139 on: November 18, 2007, 11:59:57 pm
Games are getting too easy, its making gamers weak.

Not really. Regardless of the fact that they're focusing on more difficult motions to pull off (like the 360 for Zangief's Spinning Pile Driver, or the Tiger Knee motion for Sagat (d,df,f,uf)) in regards to simplicity, the inability to pull off those maneuvers doesn't determine who's 'weak' in Street Fighter. They're simply leveling out the playing field for those characters who may have intimidated less reflex-enabled players. It's a great idea to appeal to the greater audience who don't choose to practice the motions constantly.

There are, however, quite a few games currently out there for those who wish play a fighting game that has a heavy emphasis on reflexes. Guilty Gear and Melty Blood are good examples of this.