AuthorTopic: Street Figther HD Remix  (Read 64135 times)

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Re: Street Figther HD Remix

Reply #110 on: November 05, 2007, 04:54:33 am
I bet you could turn that Dhalsim image into a pretty badass samus

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #111 on: November 05, 2007, 05:08:41 am
The fact that they are leaks means they still may plan to clean up the frames and make them conistent (for shading and lines). But when it was said it was leaked, does that mean someone was careless with their usb or something, or do people working there really feel strongly about how the art looks (in a negative way) that they risk their jobs to leak it?

I don't know enough about anatomy but i think the head for red bandana guy is too small. Maybe when u playing the game u wont care so much about how it looks.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #112 on: November 05, 2007, 05:56:47 am
I agree about sloppy elements of the animation, ptoing... I see a lot of copy and paste, the shading is all over the place in the arm... I was just reminding people, who may not be familiar, what the constraints were.  I think that adds a layer of constraint that must be considered.  There is some video footage of the game floating around the net... It's really fuzzy and grainy... but the animation looks decent sped up and quick.  Again, I'm not defending Capcom here, but there's more to this than just a crappy animation.
Glub Glub!

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #113 on: November 05, 2007, 04:47:40 pm
I agree about sloppy elements of the animation, ptoing... I see a lot of copy and paste, the shading is all over the place in the arm... I was just reminding people, who may not be familiar, what the constraints were.  I think that adds a layer of constraint that must be considered.  There is some video footage of the game floating around the net... It's really fuzzy and grainy... but the animation looks decent sped up and quick.  Again, I'm not defending Capcom here, but there's more to this than just a crappy animation.

Actually, you could work under the same restrictions and come up with way better methods than this. Like for example work with shading in a larger scale, making sure that even the most basic shading works in all frames of an animations.

I mean, what does it matter that still frames look good when EVERYTHING IN THE GAME WILL MOVE AT ALL TIMES except for when it's paused? It's just stupid.

No hating, though. I have no idea of how the artists were briefed before taking this assignment, but, well, the results could've been better. Seriously. Maybe they should've hired people with experience in ANIMATION? Gah. D:>
' _ '

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #114 on: November 05, 2007, 05:49:33 pm
Just because the animations have to stay within the collision boxes doesn't mean they must share the exact articulation of the pixel version. For example, there is no excuse why the hanging flaps of the belt can't move smoothly and less drastically.

The coloring is awful -- flattens the entire sprite and turns the foreshortening into a joke.

The butt crack that appears and disappears on his neck/trap/completely invented muscle made me laugh.

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #115 on: November 05, 2007, 05:58:00 pm
those are misinterpretations of veins..

this whole thing smells of outsourcing the artwork to indian gfx outsources...

the lack of consistency, the misinterpretation not to mention the complete lack of understanding of the characters...

it begs belief...

makes me sad... very sad. :'(
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Reply #116 on: November 05, 2007, 08:38:09 pm
this whole thing smells of outsourcing the artwork to indian gfx outsources...
It's outsourced all right, outsourced to UDON - an american comic book stuido. I think it would've been for the better if they found some animators in india to outsource it to. Right now it's like a bad joke.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #117 on: November 08, 2007, 07:49:36 am
This has got to be an elaborate April Fool's joke. There's no way it could be this ridiculous. I mean, this whole time I thought "Maybe the artists are just horrible." Blanka with two left feet ended that thought process though. Either the artists are fucking blind or this is a wonderfully prepared and executed joke.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #118 on: November 08, 2007, 08:16:54 am
the 2 left feet will be because of the fact they flip and rotate a lot of limbs, I'd assume they just didn't have blanka's right foot at that angle yet, so they're just holding it's place with the left foot... or they were dumb and didn't notice it was a left foot :crazy:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #119 on: November 08, 2007, 06:20:53 pm
The worst thing about this isn't the two left feet.