AuthorTopic: Street Figther HD Remix  (Read 63860 times)

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Re: Street Figther HD Remix

Reply #50 on: July 01, 2007, 04:02:30 pm
Who in their right mind would accuse them for tracing, when their job is to trace old art? Of course the concept material is fair game under these circumstances!
I would, when the outcome is shitty. If an artist doesn't trust his own skills enough and instead end up tracing someone elses lines that doesn't even fit - why should we trust that artist? It's not strange that the akuma mouth look weird when someone just traced a head from another image and just tried to redraw some of it.

Using the original sprite to get the overall pose down is fair game, but from there they should redraw the entire thing to make it work, tracing odd bits and pieces from different source simplys doesn't work.. and we all know it. Also, why not let Edayan do the art if Udon just end up tracing her stuff anyway?

Like someone at neogaf said:

Quote from: Fight for Freeform
I don't want to get into this debate...but my POV is that if  you're doing an HD remake, adhere to the same sprites used in the original.  To take different parts of art (even if it's official art) to stitch up a Frankenstein is a half assed way of doing HD sprites.

New pic of Ryu!

Don't worry guys, it's all officially sanctioned SF art, so it's all good. :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #51 on: July 01, 2007, 04:50:32 pm
yes I agree. Nobody should trust that artist because he's a shitty artist, period. It's not just the trace. He's shitty all-around.

Offline Alevice

• View Profile
    • DevArt gallery

Reply #52 on: July 01, 2007, 08:54:49 pm
Quote from: Fight for Freeform
New pic of Ryu!

I lol'd.

The only thing I appreciate, is that they have made all this public, despite the high risk on the reputation they have taken. I wish you could say the same of many other companies. And they seem to acknowledge the cirtism they have received and "will try" to work on that.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #53 on: July 01, 2007, 10:12:59 pm

I was working on this then I grew bored because I'm not on salary to do it. Proof of concept though.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #54 on: July 01, 2007, 10:20:36 pm
i suspect you would grow bored even if you were salaried :P

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #55 on: July 01, 2007, 10:26:03 pm
The only way to find out would be for somebody to pay me and tell me 'do this for 6 months until you've made every sprite'. If the money is good, I'll do it.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 01:40:32 am
wow helm, fits the original sprite and is much better than what these other artists creating.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #57 on: July 02, 2007, 02:28:08 am
yes, much nicer.
I'd just be a bit worried how those little streaks of detail would look in the animations
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #58 on: July 02, 2007, 02:48:49 am
those could be taken out to make the lineart simpler. what makes helms image so much better isnt the detail but how anatomically believable and solid it is while still holding faithful to the pixel image.
(imo)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #59 on: July 02, 2007, 03:18:02 am
This probably be the reason why they can't add more frames...it's because there is no material to trace :blind:. Hahaha that's great helm, but be careful :P that might get traced too <joke>