AuthorTopic: Plate Armor Guy  (Read 8298 times)

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Re: Plate Armor Guy

Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 01:29:37 pm

Hey Helm, your edits are always appreciated. At first I had no idea what you meant about lacking contrast but then I corrected my gamma setting and saw how washed out it was. I'm definitely trying to learn how to make video game art so thanks for catching that.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 10:12:38 pm
Much improved toaster. The arm to our left still seems like it's being lit from the left while everything else indicates a right lightsource. Love what you did to the feet, really puts those old squished ones to shame. I think Helm had a good idea where he made the eyes a light shade of the skin instead of white. It helps make the skin seem like it's own distinct material from the armor. His other additions certainly helped further this distinction, so it might not still hold true, but try it and see if you like it.

Like the sword much better now, could use a bump in saturation to bring it in closer with the armor colourwise.

That's about all I can think of right now.

@HELM:I'll make this short cause I don't want to shift attention. I like. If you really want to give this a very polished look, Toast, study this hard.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 07:30:44 am
Just one minor crit for now, as I actually really like how it is in its current state, I think the way his chest plate overlaps his legs in the stage where his shield has teeth looks a lot nicer than having his leg plate over the top of his chest plate (as is the case in the more current versions.) I also prefer the shading on the old chest plate to the shading on the new.

Love your style man, and Helm...
O.O You sure do go crazy with your edits... still, it's nice to see what a more detailed version would look like.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 07:18:03 pm

Well, I made a small edit, but I think it still depends too much on the outline  :-\

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 08:33:05 pm
8 colours+transparency

I had some fun trying to reduce the colours on this one ;D hope you like it

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 10:28:21 am
About the edits being too dependent on the outlines, that's my fault. The orignal line art was drawn before I learned how to build things up from simple forms like spheres and cylinders. It would be impossible to give believable shading to something that was drawn like a cut out doll to begin with.  :P