AuthorTopic: Something new from me.  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Something new from me.

on: June 18, 2007, 07:35:58 pm
Yeh, haven't posted much art since the renewal of Pixelation, so I thought I should post some stuff.

Obviously haven't finished anything but the wizards yet.
I have a lot more of these that aren't worthy of being posted yet, but when they are expect an update.

C&C is welcome. The girl is obviously still very much a WIP.
I'd also be very grateful if someone could direct me to some nice sites with lots of pictures of fashion through the ages - eastern and western.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Something new from me.

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 07:51:31 pm
Haha, is there a reason to why everyone seems to have such a frowny expression? It gives them all a nice sense of personality, but still, there are five ticked-off faces there :]

As for pixel-technique, this is over my own skills. I can't find anything to critique.

So why am I writing this post? I just wanna boost your ego! I want to encourage you to please continue working on these, they are simply wonderful.

I seruiously found myself with a big smile on my face looking at these pics. So much style! I love it.
' _ '

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:52:27 pm
Why are all their heads tilted and angry?

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:09:01 pm
The heads are tilted so I can show more of the face.

The girl is angry because she's a feminist at heart, born before her time, in an age where women are subservient to men.
The wizard is angry because...
Seriously, they're angry because that's how they turned out. :S
Can't give you a better answer than that really. Although I would argue that some of them look more serious than full of rage (wizard on the left for example).

Thanks for the kind words Jad. It's definitely motivating to hear them.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 08:22:57 pm
These are really nice. I noticed the shine on the left brown-haired head's skin is on the other side from the others; is that deliberate? Also, the lighting on the lady's hair looks lower down and more local than with the wizards. These looks great, keep working on it.

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:25:16 pm
Smile, allways smile   :)

:P

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 12:55:53 am

Still have to make a proper palette for the dress, but here's the basic design. I think.
I might redo her.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 06:04:13 am
Well... the reason of why they are all angry is because you've been building them a la Mr.Potato, and you only made one pair of eyes (and edited slightly so it would fit) :P.

I think the new sprite (the woman) doesn't fit that well.
The highlights on the hair makes it stand out in a weird way and the dress coloring looks way softer than the mages' robes.
But leaving that aside, I think you could fix the face, she looks cross eyed and the lack of nose is just odd.
So... I did a fast edit to show what I would change.

Also, those triangle things coming out from the back of her arms, don't really look like shoulder pads (or whatever they are supposed to be, so yeah playing with that might help.

Overall nice, hope you start pixelling more.

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 07:08:14 am
Looking really good!

For the woman's hair, maybe skip the internal lineart and just use 1 shadow and 1 light value to do most of the modeling?

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 02:11:28 pm
These are really cool. Really digging the style! As for a website with the kind of clothes you're looking for, maybe this page (The Costume Site) might help. I found it while researching stuff for some RPG years ago...so I'm not sure how much of the page is still working.
------
Schu