AuthorTopic: 'Shroom sprite and animation  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

'Shroom sprite and animation

on: June 18, 2007, 05:30:49 am
I was just screwing around earlier today when I made made a mushroom sprite that I quite liked and decided to build off on it.

This sheet is missing one animation frame but it shows the mushroom facing all ways.

I decided in the end to make the side animation and I quite liked the outcome.

C&C please

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: 'Shroom sprite and animation

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:55:49 am
looks nice!  :y:
As for c&c, as I look at it bounceing/jumping, the top pushes up causeing the head piece to expand vertically. It would make sense to cause the head to get smaller horizontally as this happens. Might be too much though, so you'd have to make a judgement call as to whether it looks right. Looks good though already.
If the mushroom is jumping forward for example if he is suppose to be moving to the side, it might help having his bottom part push backwards a little before the jump, and addition push forwards as it comes down to land.

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39:18 am
Quite sorry about the extremely late response I have been a bit busy with end of the year exams

New Old
I did what what you said Alex and made it look like it was giving itself a little push as it propelled itself and push foward as it came back to land

As for the other suggestion I could not do it because it would look too wierd so I left it as it is

Sorry if the animation is a too quick  :-[

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 04:13:36 am
Simple and clean, I like it.

The little push it makes is almost unspottable at 1x, much more in a game.

Uhh, idk, maybe try making his headpiece move back a bit as he flies through the air?
You could actually try making him move horizontally in the animation to test out how things would be if he were moving forward.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.