Critique > Pixel Art

DIE! (pixel die)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Peppermint Pig:

Some edits and a smaller die showing some things I might have done in your place. Hope these help!

Helm:
Building off of the pep edit, there's absolutely no rule that says dice must be gray and boring, so here's a tint. Also you don't need more than 10 colours for this, and I was personally against the trig highlight pep used so I gave it an edge highlight.

Rydin:
Five ways to liven up dice:
-change the dot's shape. Who says that they have to be round? (by the way, I think the little white pixel in each dot looks really bad and lonely too.....maybe add some aa to it or base it more on the shading)
-change the color (as seen above). Dice are always white. also, there are alot of translucent ones.
-lose the dots altogether. Many DnD dice do not have the dots, but instead, the number written out. This, of course, leaves it open to mess around with the 'font' of the numbers and location and such.
-the dots don't have to be in the same patterns as conventional dice, and they don't have to take up as much space. (pretty self explainatory)
-the shape of the die itself. Of course, if you want the dice to be fair, you make all the sides equal, but if you want them to look cool, you could warp each side into different 4 sided shapes, such as a rectangle or a diamond.

Good luck!

Helm:
Rargh! Leave the one-pixel specular highlight on the dots for sure! I will fight space-crabs for them! Lonely, but determined! No aa! No support! No nothing! They're just right.

Rydin:
Heh. In my opinion, they just look weird, and seem to make it look like they are  out instead of dipping in like they usually are. Again, just my opinion; doesn't mean its right or wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version