AuthorTopic: Horror Emotes and Flying Monkey  (Read 7151 times)

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: Horror Emotes and Flying Monkey

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 09:01:48 pm

This is what I mean. I kicked up the red in the midtones and highlights (though it sort of looks shaved now :lol:), added another highlight colour, and reworked the shading for a (roughly) above lightsource (Check out the tail, too). Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:12:58 pm by EyeCraft »

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 09:54:11 pm
mm, my only problem with the edit is that he doesn't look like he has any fur any more. It looks like smooth skin and that's not really what I'm going for. I AM trying to do an above lightsource, it looks like yours is much more obvious from that so I'll pay attention to where you've put the light but I still want it to have more texture. I'll shift around the shading for more contrast.

Thanks for your edits :D

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 11:34:39 pm
mm, my only problem with the edit is that he doesn't look like he has any fur any more. It looks like smooth skin and that's not really what I'm going for.

I'm going to be a bit blunt here, but your dither didn't read like fur to me either.  Soft fur would apear shiny - at least it does on my cats.  A monkey would still definitley have a bit of a shine on its fur, not all a dull brown color.

probably the best pixelled fur I've seen:  http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/wolfo.gif

its a good reference, as the fur is readable and it has a well defined lightsource.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 05:26:19 am
mm, my only problem with the edit is that he doesn't look like he has any fur any more.

Aye, I neglected to mention that I was just editing the shading and omitting texture for clarity.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 09:15:11 pm

mm.. I'm not sure about all that.