AuthorTopic: Horror Emotes and Flying Monkey  (Read 7148 times)

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Horror Emotes and Flying Monkey

on: June 18, 2007, 01:27:13 am
So here's my recent st00fs. :) Horror Movie Emotes:

I realize the anti-alias of the vampire is much more light than the others (which I will fix later). I think the zombie isn't very good. So I'd like some critiques. :D

Also I made this flying monkey for no real reason.

-->

I think that the biggest problem is that well, it's boring. The pose is kind of crap. SO I'm going to fix that and make it more dynamic but I wanted to post it and see what you guys think thus far.

Thanks.  ;)

--

BTW, where the hell can I change my AV? LOL. I looked under Forum Profile Information and it's not there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 01:40:03 am by Aleiav »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Horror Emotes and Flying Monkey

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:05:22 am
Nice monkey!
I think currently, the monkey is looking a bit dim and musty-lookin. I think making it more vibrant might help liven it a bit. for example, the wings are pretty nuetral grey at the moment. You could perhaps add a yellow/tan highlights to the wings. pretty good so far though

Offline Aleiav

• View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:31:23 pm
I hear ya. Too much saturation. AAANd. boring pose. I changed the legs from inspiration and help http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31465885/ :D

I need to fix the shading, I know and the toes are all wonky but I'm still unsure of how to fix the hands. I was thinking maybe in the air, one on each side,  palms up. XD kind of a holy pose.

and, yes. I want to make it look semi-human like.

I also added that highlight you recommended. Worked well. :D

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:53:09 pm
actually, it doesn't look that saturated. saturation means that there is a vibrant amount of color. unsaturated is the opposite and means that the color is very muted or greyed out.
As for the highlights on the wings, I would blend it more into the feathers, not just the top as it is now because it currently makes that part too prominent.
also, the legs look wonky. the lower legs look way long compared to the upper legs. if he is bending the legs, maybe the lower legs should be shorter. I mean if you bend your legs, you don't keep the same height do you?

Offline Aleiav

• View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 12:41:22 pm
So I shortened out the legs and made the arms.

Something tells me the legs are still too wonky.

Thanks for the crit on the wings Alex. I sort of liked the dark outline on the top, though. Because it defined it more. Maybe a not so dark outline?

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 03:12:28 pm
Yes it's steel wonky )) and look like a hose. Need define some muscle and work on form...
And pose of monky it's strange, in my opinion - what she do?

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 03:14:20 pm
The lower legs are still too long, yes, but I think the biggest problem is that he has no support.  His posture would look fine if there was a chair underneath him, but there's simply no way he would be able to stand there with a straight back.

Offline Aleiav

• View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:53 pm
I hear ya.

But now I think is legs are too short.  :-\ :P

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 06:18:21 am
The torso seems to me like its a little too long, you could also try defining the hips a little more. The dark pixels amongst the feathers are a little noisy, and I reckon the feathers could use a highlight colour to increase their definition. The feet seem a little bit too small, and the knees could use more definition.

For the fur, maybe have slightly more red in the highlight, and slightly more green in the shadow, or something like that? It just seems a little too green overall atm. The shadow tone for the fur could be darker as well, it seems too close to the midtone atm.

The shading on the tail seems a little bit inconsistent with the rest of the piece. The tops of the legs should have more highlight I think, also.

Offline Aleiav

• View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 05:32:52 pm

I've got to not make the highlight so bright. But I'm not sure what you mean by the fur highlights. You said the highlights should be more red and the shadows more green, yet you're saying it's too green overall.

The light source is coming from the top, that's why the tail is shaded from the top.