AuthorTopic: Weird tank  (Read 6473 times)

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Re: Weird tank

Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 11:28:36 am
Now he is some sweet, maybe heavier?
Hey, your baddie looks nice! :)
In particular, you did a thing that was lingering in my mind: you gave depth to the track-guards by adding dark lines under them... that's definitely a thing I should add to the original design (I guess I'll add just one line, though) and that will give me the chance to upload a newer edit that has also a couple of updated pixels.

Anyway he is nice!
Thank you!

saimo

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 11:45:11 am
That's really well achieved, seeing as your path into pixelling is hard work, rather than talent. Your concept of shading, nice colour ramps and such is on a good level, i'd say. Also dithering is working well.
I did not expect comments... this good! :o
Probably my actual skills looked better than they are thanks to the simplicity of the piece... but, hey, your words are very encouraging and much appreciated! :-*

May I suggest that you polish this a bit further with, say, a bigger piece? For exampe, to take some lines from the lineart thread and color them? That way, you'll have a good opportunity to study the original lines, as well as an opportunity to get quality feedback from us, the forum members <3
That's a good idea, although, on the other hand, also sketching is something I have to improve on. Well, what can I say... if I some lineart over there turns out to be particularly appealing, I might well give it a try. Let's see...

You know we'll be standing by ready with the best critique and edits we can manage :D
I have no doubt about it ;)

Right now all I can say is Move On! That is, if you feel like it. :]
I definitely do. Only problem is lack of time and energies :( And just today coding is going to burn my brain cells a lot :blind:, so I'm afraid I'll have to hold my lust for pixelling :'(

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 06:30:08 pm
In particular, you did a thing that was lingering in my mind: you gave depth to the track-guards by adding dark lines under them... that's definitely a thing I should add to the original design (I guess I'll add just one line, though) and that will give me the chance to upload a newer edit that has also a couple of updated pixels.
So, here's the promised (last) update: .
Now, as Jad said, it's really time to move on! ;D

saimo