AuthorTopic: [WIP]Game concept  (Read 6909 times)

Offline Obsidian

• Chemically Unstable
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]Game concept

Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 07:19:38 pm
Pretty much everything on him is the same color; some contrast would help a bit. The low readability might also have to do with the fact that the head is very strange, and doesn't read as a head on such a small scale.

By the way, how did you set your avatar?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 11:42:38 pm

Tried to fix the readability issues on the soldier. The design is uber so I think it should show in the sprite too O:

Played around with the ground and background and so, but disregard that.

Also made the gun flashes and stuff pure white, they have to read well, even against such a colorful background. O:
' _ '

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 08:43:23 am
So I've made some little changes following you guys opinions :

Nice improvement :y:

And Obsidian, the ennemy is this http://kokosovar.free.fr/radioactivetoast_empiresoldier.jpg  :)  But now that you say it. I agree, the readability of the bad guys is quite hard, maybe because the weapon is almost the same color as the armor ?
IMHO it's still a matter of contrast: too much contrast between the background and the foreground and too little contrast between the shades of the soldier. I'd say Jad has moved in the right direction to tackle the problem.
Advice: take my words with a pinch of salt, I'm no pro! :P

saimo

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 01:31:19 pm
ever played Abuse? That game handles mouse aiming perfectly. However, the graphics are nothing close in what ur trying to bring forth. :)
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube