AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 279844 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #810 on: September 10, 2007, 03:05:16 am
I'm of the opinion that everyone in the world is bisexual conditioned to think that they have an actual preference, but that doesn't mean that internet solicitations and spam are fun :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #811 on: September 10, 2007, 01:28:54 pm
I haven't used a online chatting program for several years now... I'm safe from these sorts of strange questions!

I don't speak English much these days and I can feel my English getting ever so slightly worse in certain situations haha (there were a few occassions where I forgot simple words or took a while to remember them like mandarin and tree sap, maybe it's just me), writing and reading seems fine though.

A couple of days ago I realised how limited all these cheap web hosting plans are, you know the $5-15 a month shared hosting plans.. they're fine for people who have static pages or get up to maybe 2000 or so uniques a day with some sort of scripting but having more than that, and you'll quickly go over the allocated resources given to you!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:31:47 pm by Frychiko »
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #812 on: September 10, 2007, 01:43:56 pm
A couple of days ago I realised how limited all these cheap web hosting plans are, you know the $5-15 a month shared hosting plans.. they're fine for people who have static pages or get up to maybe 2000 or so uniques a day with some sort of scripting but having more than that, and you'll quickly go over the allocated resources given to you!
Maybe you haven't been looking hard enough. All my webhost's hosting plans allow for unlimited traffic. :hehe:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #813 on: September 10, 2007, 02:34:44 pm
I'm of the opinion that everyone in the world is bisexual conditioned to think that they have an actual preference, but that doesn't mean that internet solicitations and spam are fun

I think the natural state of a man is neither 'bisexual' or 'straight' or any other such signifier. These words, besides explaining one's sexual preference, also hold many secondary attributes that relate to how important they found them, how they classify themselves (which is very different a thing from what you're given to do) and generally what significance they attribute to sexuality in general. The human animal in its natural state really doesn't care about the semiotic facade of oversexuality the modern world has put on fucking, and I would say that if it were stressed out it would accept sexual activity with either gender or anything it is closeby. This isn't being 'bisexual', this is 'not caring'.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #814 on: September 10, 2007, 02:50:00 pm
I'm not talking about bandwidth here actually. With increased traffic comes increased usage of your server's CPU and memory and database usage, and honestly you don't get much to work with. You'll easily use this up, well before you even reach reasonable traffic levels.

Some of my income comes from websites , so I can assure you I look hard enough. :)

Maybe you haven't been looking hard enough. All my webhost's hosting plans allow for unlimited traffic. :hehe:
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

sonic_reaper

Reply #815 on: September 10, 2007, 02:55:54 pm
I'm of the opinion that everyone in the world is bisexual conditioned to think that they have an actual preference, but that doesn't mean that internet solicitations and spam are fun

I think the natural state of a man is neither 'bisexual' or 'straight' or any other such signifier. These words, besides explaining one's sexual preference, also hold many secondary attributes that relate to how important they found them, how they classify themselves (which is very different a thing from what you're given to do) and generally what significance they attribute to sexuality in general. The human animal in its natural state really doesn't care about the semiotic facade of oversexuality the modern world has put on fucking, and I would say that if it were stressed out it would accept sexual activity with either gender or anything it is closeby. This isn't being 'bisexual', this is 'not caring'.

In his natural state (care to define this?  Lack of society and language?), man would definitely be alligned to a particular sex.  The only difference here would be that since labels and prejudice do not exist, they may be more inclined to see both sides of the fence, so to speak, as being "natural", or as you put it, not caring (if they are hit on by the same sex or otherwise).

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #816 on: September 10, 2007, 03:34:25 pm
lack of language therefore culture therefore to large degrees self-awareness, a man would have sex very often with whatever there is, both to produce offspring and to chill out. Look at monkeys.

sonic_reaper

Reply #817 on: September 10, 2007, 05:45:15 pm
Not necessarily true.  And without a self-awareness, it wouldn't be right to call it "man".  This species would be run by instinct, not logic or reason.  At the same time, attraction to a particular sex would still exist since that isn't something that is learned in society or culture but occurs naturally.  Wer have no idea if sexual orientation exists in other animals, or if this particular trait is characteristic of humans.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #818 on: September 10, 2007, 05:46:39 pm
I do not think we run primarily on logic or reason. I think these things are subsets of our instinctual design and are not dualistically disconnected from the animal impulse.

sonic_reaper

Reply #819 on: September 10, 2007, 05:50:17 pm
I never said we run primarily on logic or reason.  The self aware human, the thinking/being human is simply capable of these things.  What you're saying is, for example, a horny human sitting around without these things, would just as likely hump anything in sight as opposed to someone they'd be attracted to.  Perhaps that is the case (in his natural form), however, that doesn't mean these attractions do not exist.  Without order, society, and learned and expected behavior, everyone would be doing as they please, though perhaps without the capacity to understand why they do what they do.