AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277401 times)

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #740 on: September 06, 2007, 08:14:24 am
Bengoshia: What's the point in that last sentence? Seriously
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #741 on: September 06, 2007, 10:38:44 am
bengoshia, you seem to be stepping on a lot of shoes lately. When you see your name and complaints go hand in hand in some threads, that's a bad sign.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:43:24 am by Froli »

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #742 on: September 06, 2007, 01:04:06 pm
I think my last sentence was uh, to tell you guys that Square isn't what it used to be, really, it isn't, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.
At the time I was tired while writing it, seriously who cares? They're words, calm down, while yeah it was pointless, was tired, etc. It's unbelievable on how offended you guys get here sometimes, we're not five year olds here, we can handle it.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #743 on: September 06, 2007, 01:51:48 pm
No. They reacted like that because, the "way" you state your words (even in your critics) is as if they are 100% facts and not as a personal opinion/observation.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #744 on: September 06, 2007, 02:29:21 pm
Hehe, it's kind of funny. Can't imagine him running... or using the sword, which btw looks a lot like the one found in the hands of the hero in Threads of Fate. A really funky game. The "stuff" doesn't really bother me since he and the other characters are otherwise cheerful and fun looking, which is probably the only thing these pictures are trying to achieve, cause from what i can tell, FFTA didn't really have much story, just a set of missions and no heavy duty story characters. Please correct me if i'm wrong though, i didn't play very far.

Check out the FFTA2 site and you'll see the other characters are much easier on the eye and also that the load of accessories is pretty much a mark of a main character. The whole visual side seems to be in really good shape too, i like it enough to spark an interest in the upcoming game, even though i don't like tactics type games that much.

Fashion shows in RPGs FTW btw  :y:, they have their place even though all games don't excecute it in the best possible manner.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #745 on: September 06, 2007, 02:48:58 pm
we're not five year olds here, we can handle it.

Well i know some of us aren't,  :hehe:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #746 on: September 06, 2007, 04:36:08 pm
I don't see a lot of people doing anime-bashing, at least, not enough! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one doing the lord's work!

My reasons are very founded in any case, thanks for presuming :P. If you want to discuss them sure.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #747 on: September 06, 2007, 04:48:02 pm
anime is sure as hell overrated, but there a lot out there thats actually quite good imo.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #748 on: September 06, 2007, 05:01:43 pm
I agree. I'm worried about what sort of influence it has by-and-large.

Offline Fingerfoods

• Barq's Root Beer is delicious
    • View Profile
    • fingerfoods.tumblr.com

Reply #749 on: September 06, 2007, 05:05:45 pm
anime is sure as hell overrated, but there a lot out there thats actually quite good imo.

That's like saying that sci-fi or fantasy is overrated; there are good shows in any genre. That, and every genre is flooded with more bad than good anyway. We've got all kinds of shit on the Sci-fi channel, but we also have Doctor Who and Firefly; likewise, we have fifteen thousand Dragon Ball Zs, but we also have Paranoia Agent and Death Note.

I know you said that there are some good ones, but calling a genre 'overrated' is just too broad.

But, yes, we need less Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragon Ball getting the attention. On a side note, large hairstyles don't bother me much, but Cloud looks simply horrid outside Advent Children, in which he was actually in some freakish way almost normal.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 05:08:18 pm by Rave »
Follow my blog!
fingerfoods.tumblr.com