AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277503 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #720 on: September 04, 2007, 12:58:22 pm
oh yeah, I don't mind needles, every time I get jabbed it sorta surprises me that there's practically zero pain.
a few years ago I had a liver virus and had to take blood tests every few days for a couple weeks, the hassle of having to go to the clinic every few days was more annoying than than the needles, I never got used for some kid learning where the vein is, infact they never missed the vein.

only thing that sucked was my arms started to feel pretty dead for quite a while after each test
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #721 on: September 04, 2007, 04:38:29 pm
Wow. I'm in the middle of watching Stargate SG-1 reruns and eating dinner.

Quote from: Jack O'Neill
I hope you like Guinness, sir. It's a perfect substitute for... food.

Well done TV and Helm.

Offline Fingerfoods

• Barq's Root Beer is delicious
    • View Profile
    • fingerfoods.tumblr.com

Reply #722 on: September 04, 2007, 06:45:49 pm
Wow. I'm in the middle of watching Stargate SG-1 reruns and eating dinner.

Eeeh, I'm not a big Stargate fan myself. I'm more of a Firefly fan. And I only saw two episodes. :P

Soooo...who else is hyped about The Golden Compass? :D
Follow my blog!
fingerfoods.tumblr.com

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #723 on: September 05, 2007, 12:21:38 am
I can't get grafx2 to run at 1024x768. I keep getting this:

Does anyone know a solution?

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile

Reply #724 on: September 05, 2007, 02:35:34 pm
I can't get grafx2 to run at 1024x768. I keep getting this:
Does anyone know a solution?

Solution: Pro Motion? :P

But seriously, are you running the dos version of Grafx2? If so, why not try run the windows version instead?
You could also try running the Dos version using Dosbox
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #725 on: September 05, 2007, 03:14:18 pm
Come on guys, needles are harmless.
When I had my sinus-operation in April I had to give a bloodtest and they gave me anti-thrombosis jabs in my leg for like 4 days after the operation because I was in bed a lot and did not move much. Also I had a canula in my left hand so I could get antibiotics without being jabbed all the time. Wheee, fun times.

Speaking of needles, I had a needle jabbed right up my nose a few years ago and boy was it a stinger!

Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #726 on: September 05, 2007, 07:53:10 pm
from http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=4900.msg59634#msg59634

bengoshia:

Helm, honestly, what do you want from me?

To be careful, considerate and contained.

Like I've said, you mods freak out whenever theres even a hint of ripping, I'm surprised you didn't jump right on this topic about that, to be quite honest(Woo, internet, serious business).

The only part I could tell was a direct lift was the right arm. And given that this person said it was a direct inspiration (from a sprite in a thread sitting right there, with the sprite creator saying he doesn't mind, right there), he did not break any rules. Now, I don't believe such a method leads to learning art (and Adarias told the dude much the same if I remember correctly) but that's not an issue of ripping things.

You kept asserting that this is a rip where the situation was clear as day. This is why you were warned to drop it.

so really, why am I the one getting bagged on for this?

Because you insisted. You're not a moderator, let the moderators do their jobs. Try to help people, not accuse them. When people accuse someone of ripping rightly, there's no fuss because they are right. You have to be right. If you're wrong you apologize and try to help.

Like with Jad, your comment was completely unnecessary and your own team of mods have been harsher with less evidence(Nothing compared to my so-called "cries").

The mods are right in their calls a lot of the time. Many years, sharp eyes.

Mods have been wrong aswell, for instance, remember the KOF rip no one noticed until the guy posted it a second time and someone finally noticed, don't even think it was a mod

You mean not noticing something is the same as a bad call? It's not. We can't be everywhere. If someone is dead-certain of a clear rip they should let it be known. They shouldn't rush to anything as accusing people of things hurts feelings.

(You also deleted our comments, feeling like you had to have the final say with your corny post, forgot what it was, but it was pretty corny, thats another story though, if you wanna talk about that, we'll do so in the OT board).

I don't care what you think is corny, and I delete off-topic comments all the time.

Listen, I am not your father so I won't lecture you, but you seem to be overdramatizing things. Take it easy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:54:44 pm by Helm »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #727 on: September 05, 2007, 08:16:06 pm
I'm a hypocrite for the ruining-the-mood-post, but then I really wanted to say it out loud. Sorry.

I WAS thinking of just reporting your post, but then I thought it would be kind of sneaky. Otherwise, when I think I'm spotting rips or something like it, I simply report the post. I just wanted to make clear that I'd like to see a little more goodwill.

It wasn't so much an accusation directed towards you as it was just me expressing my feelings.

Sorry for any bad feelings though.
' _ '

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #728 on: September 05, 2007, 08:24:07 pm
Come on guys, needles are harmless.
When I had my sinus-operation in April I had to give a bloodtest and they gave me anti-thrombosis jabs in my leg for like 4 days after the operation because I was in bed a lot and did not move much. Also I had a canula in my left hand so I could get antibiotics without being jabbed all the time. Wheee, fun times.

Speaking of needles, I had a needle jabbed right up my nose a few years ago and boy was it a stinger!

oh god, the worst place I've ever been jabbed was just my gums at the dentist, and that's pretty standard.. it felt like the needle went completely through my gums, hard to tell though since they were already pretty numb..

I finally finished twilight princess last night.. (finally as in I "finally" got around to actually playing the game)

I feel like I left the theatre after a bad movie, it seems alright when you're watching with your friends, but when you leave you can't stop talking about how bad it was and you want your money back.
I wouldn't say it was that bad, but it really wasn't impressive.. the only stuff I liked was some of the character designs, and lake hylia..
the whole game feels like fan service to me, just a empty copy of Ocarina of Time (which was a copy of aLTTP, but atleast 3D made it feel new)
everything just feels out of balance because it feels like they threw in so much just to please fans, but they ended up polishing nothing, even the boomerang is pretty much worthless after the first dungeon, then stuff like the spinner could have been really awesome if it was better utilized...
playing TP, all I can see is potential, which is a real shame..

edit-
interesting:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/102434.html
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:38:24 pm by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #729 on: September 05, 2007, 11:27:39 pm
Helm: Okay, apologized, etc.
Jad: Internet = srsly serious business, MUST REPORT... FOR SOMEONE SPEAKING THEIR MIND.... OVER THE INTERNET. Kind of makes me question on how you think about idk my bff jill and the freedom of speech, but whatever. I'm cool with you if you're cool with me.

oh god, the worst place I've ever been jabbed was just my gums at the dentist, and that's pretty standard.. it felt like the needle went completely through my gums, hard to tell though since they were already pretty numb..
Hah, I just had that today, didn't feel a thing, you're too paranoid about needles man.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 01:09:43 am by bengoshia »