AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277500 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #710 on: September 03, 2007, 06:54:18 pm
I've had to get so much blood work done... They had to keep track of levels of stuff in my blood so I had to go weekly to get work done(+ whenever I had an actual appointment with other reasons). My arms were so sore :(
Best part about surgery? Morphine!

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #711 on: September 03, 2007, 10:48:01 pm
never had surgery or blood taken...

i feel kinda lucky now....

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #712 on: September 03, 2007, 11:17:08 pm
feron you've never had any blood work done? o_0;. lucky bastard. I havnt let them take any from me in years. It makes me want to puke.
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #713 on: September 03, 2007, 11:50:25 pm
Feron: High-five for untouched blood!

I still kick and scream when getting shots, though, so it's kinda pitiful...and dangerous. (Read: 17 yr old fit young male kicking nurses, takes 3+mom to restrain.) Who knows what I'm capable of when blood is added to the mix >:D

...I'm so pitiful.  :(

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #714 on: September 04, 2007, 12:08:45 am
Feron: High-five for untouched blood!

I still kick and scream when getting shots, though, so it's kinda pitiful...and dangerous. (Read: 17 yr old fit young male kicking nurses, takes 3+mom to restrain.) Who knows what I'm capable of when blood is added to the mix >:D

...I'm so pitiful.  :(

it's ok, i'm 21 and i won't let anyone come near me with a needle unless it's intent is to pierce rather than take something out or put something in xD
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline OzBlueShoes

• View Profile

Reply #715 on: September 04, 2007, 12:38:07 am
Don't you hate it when you play a game where the main character is stuck perfectly in the center, and then world just moves around them... it kills my eyes.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #716 on: September 04, 2007, 12:43:15 am
I got stuck with the wrong needle and my arm turned blue, the intern was getting bitched out in the next room while a nurse made sure i wasn't going to suffer any damage to my arm.  lol....i hate bloodwork.

and yeah the ? was there because I was wondering what your experience was, whether it matched my own, and whether you still recommended audacity for such a task.  A simple punctuation mark is far easier than writing out a number of questions based on information already provided :P.

Oz - yeah, i prefer to have a camera that floats around the character so that he moves around a bit rather than staying with him.  Feel more organic and has better flow, plus it exaggerates motion more when the camera "can't keep pace."  Of course, there are games that suck at this detached motion and have even more problems, mostly with not showing you enemies or worse, not letting you see anything (tenchu!)
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #717 on: September 04, 2007, 10:49:20 am
feron you've never had any blood work done?

nope, i've been to hospital twice since i was born (thats 17 years), once for torn ankle ligaments and once for stiches when i gashed open my knee  :blind:

never had any blood removed from my body, except in fights and sport and various other accidents..

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #718 on: September 04, 2007, 11:36:17 am
Come on guys, needles are harmless.
When I had my sinus-operation in April I had to give a bloodtest and they gave me anti-thrombosis jabs in my leg for like 4 days after the operation because I was in bed a lot and did not move much. Also I had a canula in my left hand so I could get antibiotics without being jabbed all the time. Wheee, fun times.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #719 on: September 04, 2007, 12:19:11 pm
I always had a paranoia with IV's that I was gonna do something wrong and rip it out of my arm.
That always makes me cringe when they do it in the movies.