AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277449 times)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #700 on: September 01, 2007, 12:40:05 pm
If you're using Windows, you can use sound recorder to record the sound, you just have to change the input method from a microphone to your soundcard.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #701 on: September 01, 2007, 04:02:52 pm
stwel's method definitely worked for me back with windows 3.1 (ah, the good old days when almost nothing was automated and therefor everything actually worked), but i don't know about more modern systems.  Worth a shot though.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #702 on: September 01, 2007, 04:38:53 pm
You'll only be able to record 1 minute if you use Windows Sound Recorder. Audacity is much better.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #703 on: September 01, 2007, 04:43:12 pm
I remember having trouble getting audacity to record away from a microphone though?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #704 on: September 01, 2007, 09:26:47 pm
... what's your point?

Promoting llamatron, one of the most mindfuckiest game of the good old generation :)

I think space giraffe is a lot more fucked up, but well, I wasn't trying to condradict your point but rather elaborate on it.

Like this: It is true that you have never experienced anything like this, and this is good

and there's where I come in like

"YEAH AND THE GOOD THING IS THAT LLAMASOFT HAS MADE MORE GOOD STUFF LIKE THIS!!!11 :D"

because llamatron is available for free download and stuff and it's a piece of my childhood that I wanna promote.

My point being a little of all that. :]
' _ '

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #705 on: September 01, 2007, 10:11:55 pm
Ah, I see.

It sounded kinda like "it's not different, this thing is equally different even though it's a different thing!" which made no sense at all to me. I guess I'll check it out, then, seeing as how I've played a total of three of his crazy games now anyway. I played one of the C64 games when I was younger, then Gridrunner++ closely followed by Space Giraffe.

In fact, I'm drawing something in Yak's honor. Hope I can bother to finish it...

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #706 on: September 02, 2007, 10:15:43 pm
I remember having trouble getting audacity to record away from a microphone though?

On the mixer tool bar there's a drop down box where you can select the input as being: Microphone, Line In, CD Audio, Video, Aux or Stereo Mix. The stereo mix option would be the one TakaM would want.

And also, is it just me who gets a little bit annoyed when people end non-question sentences with question marks? It seems like a written manifestation of the annoying rising intonation some people constantly do (no offence). :n:

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #707 on: September 03, 2007, 04:22:57 am
It emphasis' on the fact that it is more along the lines of a question, than a statement. He's looking for an answer, not telling you one.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #708 on: September 03, 2007, 06:16:33 am
Thanks guys, only problem is I edited the audio and manually put it back into synch.. it's still not perfect, but I can't be bothered recording it all again :P

In other news, the other day I went to the doctor, I've been getting this pain in my legs after walking for about 20 minutes, I've had it for the last year or so, but it's progressively gotten worse and I can't really just ignore it.
I figured my blood wasn't circulating that well, because my legs can go to sleep pretty easily, and since it feels like my legs are swelling up I figured the blood was just building up pressure.

Well, my doc thinks I've got "Chronic Compartment Syndrome" where my muscles in my calves aren't separated properly and if this is the case I'll probably have to get surgery, had to take a blood test also..
So that sucks :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #709 on: September 03, 2007, 01:38:04 pm
I hate blood tests. I'm always afraid I'll bend my arm while they're taking the blood and break the needle off in my arm. That's like my second or third worst fear.