AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277466 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #640 on: August 29, 2007, 02:20:12 pm
no one else seems to lose their inhibitions

Dude it's the number one reason a lot of dead-end morons in school ever got laid. You're just smoking with your buddies and there's no inhibitions there to lose. Try to go to a party where everyone's stoned... There's a whole batallion of girls that will have sex with you just so you will give them free weed. That's where the whole 'weed is cool' mythology starts, because it's more than just a social lubricant (like alcohol) it's a social shortcut. All these people who never amount to anything else than the weed-provider their whole life will be severily bummed out when the girls just go to the k-mart and buy their own hashish.

But guess what? They won't. Because once it's legal, habitual usage will go down.

Also, there's a lot of perfectly natural plants that will kill you dead in minutes if you eat them. Hashish might not be toxic (I'm not sure where the debate is on this one) but it kills brain-cells (slower than alcohol, but what does this tell you?) and it certainly has side-effects and a clear come-down for most people who take it. I've seen people get so depressed and paranoid after taking weed. You know what their solution is, right? Smoking more weed. Be careful.

I only drink Guinness (and Murphys when they don't have guinness) because it's A FULL NUTRITIOUS MEAL IN A GLASS and I never get drunk on it. It's just something I enjoy, taste-wise. Most beers and generally alcohol have awful taste.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 02:23:08 pm by Helm »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #641 on: August 29, 2007, 02:22:26 pm
heheh a "social shortcut" I like that :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #642 on: August 29, 2007, 02:32:30 pm
I don't get drugs, either. Or alcohol. I mean, I'm somewhat familiar with the sensation of being somewhat drunk (you can get in that state of mind in other ways than actually being drunk), so I get the point of it, but I don't see how it can be worth all the downsides. All alcohol, except for beer which is nasty, is freaking expensive. Oh, and some cider, but people don't drink cider to get drunk... I mean, even I drink cider now and then, to food. Even if it's alcoholic, it's so slight it barely even counts.

But people who have to take a couple of hours off one day to go to the liquor store to figure out what to buy to get the most intoxicated in the shortest time, and end up buying alcohol for more money than I spend for one week of food and candy... How that that be worth it? Same with other types of drugs, really. Except the downsides are fewer with many of them. But anyway, I don't get how people can enjoy taking substances that alter their mind and make them temporarily freaking stupid. I like to feel intelligent. Oh, wait, maybe that's what it's about? Some people are already too stupid, so they do drugs to forget how stupid they are so they can feel smart!

Eh, maybe not. I'm actually pretty damn extreme. I don't do any kind of drugs, even non-mind-altering ones. Well, there is one thing, I have to take pills for my pollen allergy, but I can't really do much about that. Luckily I seem to need less and less for each year, though, so maybe it's going away or something. But I know many people who take a pill and a glass of water for each measly headache they get. What's up with that? I haven't taken pills for pain and ache and stuff like that since I was too young to even remember doing it. We're talking at least ten years. Never once have I had a headache or migraine so bad I haven't been able to ride it out on my own.

Maybe it's because of my mentally healthy lifestyle, and the rest of the world needs drugs because it's too busy stressing out. I dunno.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #643 on: August 29, 2007, 02:41:11 pm
you guys seriously don't like the tast of a nice cold lager?  wtf.  I just like a couple of beers in the evenings to relax, and if im at a party then just drink fuck loads.  I guess getting wasted for fun is a very bristish thing to do, we have the highest teen-alcohol usage in europe.

i dont think weed is a social shortcut, most of the girls i know are a bit against it.  It just breaks up the monotony between beer and spirits, aswell as gives you so many different feelings. 

takam. : its not a party if your buying chips and playing sports man  :P

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #644 on: August 29, 2007, 03:00:12 pm
Never once have I had a headache or migraine so bad I haven't been able to ride it out on my own.

You are very lucky.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #645 on: August 29, 2007, 03:26:02 pm
   I'm kind of on the same boat as Rox. I can't stand taking medicine. I always ride out a cold, or ride through any headache I get. I kinda' feel there is a dependency for medication if one keeps taking them. I don't want to be that way when I grow up. For the moment, I've found that I haven't gotten sick in about 3 years already, and headaches have been kept to a minimum (which is strange since my mothers side of the family gets them all the time, a very medicated people they are...). I must be doing something right...hopefully.
my back hurts...

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #646 on: August 29, 2007, 03:50:48 pm
I've never done drugs and don't intend to, and the same goes with beer/liquor. I have had the displeasure of accidentally drinking some of my uncle's liquor, and some beer, and it completely turned me off. Not to mention the smell... As for drugs, not my thing, I don't think it ever will be.
I do take medicine a lot, I have constant migraines and have been medicated for stomach problems, but I've never felt a dependency(though morphine in the hospital was great...). I've even been prescribed with some high-inducing drugs(with fatal and dependency risks) for tooth aches, and still never felt any sort of addiction to them.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #647 on: August 29, 2007, 04:06:22 pm
takam. : its not a party if your buying chips and playing sports man  :P
I never went to anything like a rave, but whats wrong with stopping to play some drunken rugby or volleyball?

My family has a history of migraines, all my brothers and dad gets them, but not my mother or sister.
I've only had 3 in my life, but my two eldest brothers get them pretty often, at least once a year.. and man it sucks.
last time I had one was about 3 years ago, friend dyed my hair, it burnt my entire scalp, and it stayed burning for the next couple of days.
triggered a migraine, so the next few days consisted of vomiting, cold baths, dark rooms and very little hearing, seeing and talking.

if we were a religious family, we'd probably consider it some sort of blessing, my brothers basically speak in "tongues" when they've got 'em
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline OzBlueShoes

• View Profile

Reply #648 on: August 29, 2007, 04:13:37 pm
http://www.posemaniacs.com/blog/
Awesome site, every pose you can think of.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #649 on: August 29, 2007, 04:53:40 pm
Quote from: .TakaM
I never went to anything like a rave, but whats wrong with stopping to play some drunken rugby or volleyball?

My family has a history of migraines, all my brothers and dad gets them, but not my mother or sister.
I've only had 3 in my life, but my two eldest brothers get them pretty often, at least once a year.. and man it sucks.
last time I had one was about 3 years ago, friend dyed my hair, it burnt my entire scalp, and it stayed burning for the next couple of days.
triggered a migraine, so the next few days consisted of vomiting, cold baths, dark rooms and very little hearing, seeing and talking.

if we were a religious family, we'd probably consider it some sort of blessing, my brothers basically speak in "tongues" when they've got 'em

My doctor diagnosed my headaches as migraines, and I get these pretty much on a weekly basis. Though they're not as severe as that, I never throw-up, but I do feel like throwing up, and I get the usual, 'light and sound kills me' feeling, just not that extreme. Sadly because I have head and stomach problems, medicine for my stomach messes with my head, and medicine for migraines mess with my stomach. It's a bad loop.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:07:06 pm by Dusty »