AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277371 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #590 on: August 19, 2007, 05:42:24 pm
I don't like pools (or bodies of water). I can't swim. Skinny people cut through water like knives, I guess. Or maybe it's just me.

I'll vote when I'm old enough via eenie meenie minie mo. And I'll vote on every issue, even before I know what it is.

And the future is Now.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #591 on: August 19, 2007, 07:47:09 pm
Those were actually lines from freeloveforum - Coal.

My friend does have a pool though, it's bad for my blecahed hair (always makes it look a little green for  day)

Once i'm old enough to vote I'll register.  I'm just moving from RI to NY, so it's hardly like it matters (republicans aren't going to get the win any time soon).

it turns your hair green? My hair is almost white b/c i've bleached it so much and it's never turned green from pools LOL

I've been old enough to vote for a few years now but have never been inclined to do so.
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #592 on: August 19, 2007, 08:16:16 pm
Yeah, his dad lurves the chlorine, it's practically poisonous to swim in.  The green tinge washes out easy of course, but I don't usually shower at guy friend's houses.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #593 on: August 19, 2007, 10:55:58 pm
Helm's hair says: don't dye your hair, and especially bleach it. It makes helm's hair cry. And it ain't pretty when hair cries, I get all soaked wet!

The future is pending.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #594 on: August 20, 2007, 12:19:54 am
Blick: I saw Fairbanks in the book of top 50 worst places to live in the U.S.  It said "Take a terrible place to live, subtract light, and you get Fairbanks, Alaska".

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #595 on: August 20, 2007, 04:01:27 am
I don't usually shower at guy friend's houses.

Because that would make you gay.

:-*

But seriously!  Chlorine does not make your hair turn green.  And yeah, don't bleach your hair if you can avoid it, it will feel like straw and then if you don't re-bleach it regularly you're left with dumb lookin hair for at least a month; cuz a dude with roots is not what you want to be.

Offline RhysD

• View Profile
    • RhysD.com

Reply #596 on: August 20, 2007, 04:31:43 am
Helm's hair says: don't dye your hair, and especially bleach it. It makes helm's hair cry. And it ain't pretty when hair cries, I get all soaked wet!

The future is pending.

haha so true, never dyed my hair, don't intend on it...unless I go grey before i'm 30.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #597 on: August 20, 2007, 08:52:40 am
I'd love to go grey at 30! I mean, I love my hair. It's so long and flowy and I love the color which I have my mom to thank for. It gets red highlights in sunlight!

But grey hair looks cool. Especially long grey hair. I'd be, like, a young Gandalf or something. Even though his is white, not grey... I can understand why females (like my mom) make a habit of dying their hair... mom tends to dye hers in the color it used to be before she turned 50. That makes sense to me. But I still don't get why guys want to dye their hair. I know a couple of brown haired friends who've dyed their hair black a number of times. It looks kinda silly to me, because I think I can tell the difference between natural black and artificial black. I guess I could understand if it was a theme or something, but if you go about with the exact same clothes and shoes and attitude as before, but with a new, slightly different hair color... why do it? It costs money to do that! Money you can spend on clothes that also change your look but last longer, or... or video games!

I tried the Stranglehold demo on 360 yesterday. I'm totally buying it sometime. It's like Max Payne minus drama plus even more bullet time. And sliding down handrails while shooting people.

Anyway, I'd like if my hair turned grey. I'd look sophisticated and defined. I like my hair color, but I couldn't get it back if I tried, so I don't see the point in trying. Besides, I hope my hair goes white when I'm old, and I'm still able to grow it fairly long. Long, white hair looks awesome on old people.

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile

Reply #598 on: August 20, 2007, 09:26:54 am
My friend does have a pool though, it's bad for my blecahed hair (always makes it look a little green for  day)

So that dude in your partisan thread is actually you after a swim?  :P

and oh, the future is....disappointing
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #599 on: August 20, 2007, 09:38:12 am
I think I can tell the difference between natural black and artificial black.

Everybody can.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:23:39 pm by Helm »