AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277399 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #530 on: August 08, 2007, 02:56:07 pm
That used to annoy me, too. Until I noticed, when you click on anything, you're suddenly logged in again. So I just middle-click the sections I want to open them in tabs, and suddenly I'm logged in and can see which threads have new replies!

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #531 on: August 08, 2007, 03:40:14 pm
That used to annoy me, too. Until I noticed, when you click on anything, you're suddenly logged in again. So I just middle-click the sections I want to open them in tabs, and suddenly I'm logged in and can see which threads have new replies!

Same. I'm logged out when I open the first page, but by clicking on a topic or section, I'm logged in!

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #532 on: August 08, 2007, 04:02:02 pm
Use http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php instead. It fixed it for me.

this is what i've been doing for the last few months as well, works great

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #533 on: August 08, 2007, 04:05:05 pm
Well but the link from pixeljoint doesn't lead there and I'm too lazy to boomark this site :V

Also if I log in (I delete my cookies weekly) and then immediately view the newly posted topics, nothing shows up.
Is this a known error too?
(I don't really believe that noone posts for a whole week in this rather active forum so I believe it has to be an error.)
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #534 on: August 08, 2007, 07:17:01 pm
If you're too lazy to bookmark the working link, then I don't think you have the right to complain about it. :-\
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #535 on: August 08, 2007, 07:32:01 pm
Well no offense to pixelation staff, I don't think you can blame a user for a problem the forums are having, no matter how lazy they are. It's really not their responsibility to work around an obvious cookie problem. Then again, no one is really a paying customer.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #536 on: August 08, 2007, 07:43:33 pm
If you're too lazy to bookmark the working link, then I don't think you have the right to complain about it. :-\
I was actually only checking if that kind of thing happens to more people than just me, not really that much of complaining more like pointing out a problem.
Since I am now aware that this is a known problem that is being worked on fixing I no longer have the intentions to 'complain' since I actually can live with that kind of thing because I keep the pixelation tab opened in opera -once I logged in.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #537 on: August 08, 2007, 07:49:24 pm
all these behaviors are known bugs and something we would have liked to have fixed a few months ago...but steps are being taken :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #538 on: August 08, 2007, 08:22:53 pm
Yes, the situation is a bit peculiar, but that doesn't mean we're not doing anything about it. Patience.

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #539 on: August 08, 2007, 10:36:11 pm
When you're on the main page not logged in, you can just click login without typing your username and password and it logs you in. That's how I do it anyway.

But this problem's not nearly as annoying as the no avatar nonsense.  :(