AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 279859 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #460 on: July 19, 2007, 06:44:40 pm
I don't have mines anymore. After they rejected them I never bothered to try to make new ones, and just ended up losing my old ones... I do think I have my old unfinished WindWaker one on a disc though...
Nope, couldn't find it, if I do though I'll post it.

EDIT: Here's the Windwaker one. Ya I threw in photoshop filters, but I did spend a lot of time doing what I did. I had to find all those damn fishes to get a map of the island, then I tried my best to make it in proportion and in the right area on the map. I could probably remove the filter and still have it hold its value.
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5171/windwakermapeh3.gif

Oh, and my Lost Woods map for OoT.
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8669/zelda64lostwoods1bm2.gif
Was rejected because this was already up:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/197771/3497
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:08:42 pm by Dusty »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #461 on: July 19, 2007, 07:55:47 pm
If the controls on Twinsen have not changed since the last demo, as in how the feel and such, then it's still poo in my opinion.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #462 on: July 20, 2007, 01:42:28 am
the controls haven't changed a lot, I think the main changes are being able to aim your ball in 8 directions (2 levels of power), to be able to spin slash in 8 directions, to be able to drop down the edge of cliffs easier, and lots of stuff like if you're halfway through the slash anim you can still uppercut, not having to wait etc.
And the keys are customizable, which was really the last hurdle remaining.

looking back at the first demo, it's awful.
Since then the first level has gotten significantly easier, both in the tiles, and the enemies.
But the main thing that helps is that you feel so much more in control over Twinsen.
I have had a couple of my friends play the current build from start to finish, just to see how they handle it, it took them all about 20 mins, longer if you want to find all the secrets and perform impressive combos, point is, while I only had one friend play our first demo, it took him 30 mins I think it was, just to get to the end of the level, he didn't even want to try killing them in reverse order :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #463 on: July 20, 2007, 03:38:42 pm
Wait, Taka, the entire game only takes 20 minutes? or just the completed stuff so far?
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #464 on: July 20, 2007, 03:57:52 pm
Current build means what is done so far. Trying to predict how long the finished game takes to play through would be kind of stupid wouldn't it?

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #465 on: July 20, 2007, 04:20:34 pm
Current build means what is done so far. Trying to predict how long the finished game takes to play through would be kind of stupid wouldn't it?

Ah.. I missed current build.. :-[
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #466 on: July 21, 2007, 02:22:18 am
If the controls on Twinsen have not changed since the last demo, as in how the feel and such, then it's still poo in my opinion.

If you disliked the controls for the same reasons that I don't then you still won't enjoy them.
I haven't noticed much difference at all in the controls since the very first version I played.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #467 on: July 23, 2007, 09:10:13 am
The controls in the new build are much better imo, even if only slightly tweaked. Twinsen still almost walks like a mental patient on haldol tho.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Offline SovanJedi

• View Profile
    • Jontendo - Online Portfolio

Reply #469 on: July 25, 2007, 09:17:14 am
Hello everyone old and new! Wow, has this little community I've known and loved grown. :)

I should post more often! Or find time to pixel...