AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 280092 times)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #380 on: July 12, 2007, 09:29:52 am
Anyone followed e3? Seems that sony got a good conference this time. Nintendo kinda got ridiculed by the wii fit from what I'm seeing so far with the fan reactions.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #381 on: July 12, 2007, 11:15:42 am
Microsoft press conference had Halo, which looked nice. Probably going to give it a try. The series is popular for a reason, just hasn't hooked me before. Other than that it was a bit dull. They did release the Ace Combat demo in live, so that was awesome.

Nintendo played around with numbers and made me go zzzZZZZ. New metroid, Mariokart and Mario Galaxy are still interesting and they gave a release date for smash bros brawl. Wii zapper is going to bring arcade to home, at least i hope so.

Now the Sony conference was great this time around and showed some nice new games as well as new footage for quite a few upcoming titles. They announced a new PSP, which is slimmer and has a TV-out plug and better battery life. Not sure about the Playstation Home service, might be fun. But the best part was that they mostly showed games and quite nice ones too, like Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, Echochrome, Warhawk, MGS4, Gran Turismo 5, Socom and Wipeout HD among others.
Good show for sony, except for the wookie, which was awkward.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:17:47 am by huZba »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #382 on: July 12, 2007, 11:22:35 am
Im glad e3 is a lot quieter now.
this years e3 though, I don't care about anything other than metroid prime 3.
Holy shit I cannot get enough of this game.  !yus!
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #383 on: July 12, 2007, 02:51:31 pm
Yeah Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, and Uncharted all look pretty cool, everything else just seems like...i dunno.  It seems like every system has 5 games that all take place in brown/gray smashed up near-future cities...and that gets really really boring to me eventually (yes, including MGS4).  Assassin's Creed's lighting is more stylized and suits the environment awfully well, and CoD4 has some good color direction too, but everybody else is just making the same weakass game IMO (killzone, MGS4, darksiders, etc etc).  Glad to see actual platforming returning to Mario Galaxy!!  Echochrome is definitely stylish and interesting.  I'm actually very, very worried about Metroid Prime 3 now...I saw a vid where a LIVE, HUMAN character was TALKING directly to Samus!  This is like the biggest no-no you could ever do in a metroid game!!  Also UTIII looks like it could be fun, lots of vehicles, really swell particle work too.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #384 on: July 12, 2007, 03:03:36 pm
What? People in metroid? TALKING PEOPLE? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The metroid magic is all about being somewhat vague and mysterious. The most chatter so far has been between Samus and her ship's AI.....
Oh well... there was quite a few FPS games with cod4 and killzone2 being the most interesting, though i agree that the gray/brown future thing is getting a bit stale. Halo3 is pretty much the other extreme with all the fancy colors and bling bling. Reminds me of power rangers for some reason. Maybe it's the funny animals and their weapons.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #385 on: July 12, 2007, 03:09:30 pm
and her ship's AI

shut up ship AI.

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #386 on: July 12, 2007, 03:17:08 pm
What are you doing, Helm? Helm?

Offline am_pm

• Lurker supreme
    • View Profile

Reply #387 on: July 12, 2007, 03:36:41 pm
The one thing I dearly hope that they fix in Metroid Prime 3 is the GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF BACKTRACKING.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #388 on: July 12, 2007, 03:45:20 pm
Everyone should be pleased to hear that those talking people promptly get sucked into the vast emptyness of space and proceed to die.
Then it's typical Metroid first level affair. Escape the burning base! Escape the burning base!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #389 on: July 12, 2007, 03:50:20 pm
What are you doing, Helm? Helm?

"I'm somebody you kno-ow! Of course you haven't figured it out yet so let me expound on ethical bullshit for 2 minutes of gametime!"