AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277471 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #290 on: July 02, 2007, 10:15:05 pm
Can someone please tell my why I get so much pleasure from complaining about stuff on Youtube? I can just click on random videos and find several seriously written replies that I can just... drive to the ground with counter-arguments and stuff...

It's almost as if I'm trying to compensate for something? But it can't be my own art, music, or earlier video work... Because when I look at most of my own finished pieces, I feel surprised that somethnig that good came from my own hands. I seriously underestimate myself at times. So... why the hell does it feel so good to find one of those MS Paint cars on Youtube and just... complain about it? I don't get it. It's not like I WANT to complain.

Although it does feel good...

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #291 on: July 03, 2007, 12:10:27 am
you feel good when you're masterdebating, sounds normal to me.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #292 on: July 03, 2007, 12:53:59 am
You think you're being useful when all you're doing is wasting your time.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #293 on: July 03, 2007, 01:12:05 am
having to find another nine keys is really lame, at least its not too much of a challenge and some of them have little puzzles to figure out in order to get the key

I loved Prime, but I have to agree, for some reason Echoes doesn't really float too well with me. The backtracking does seem a lot worse in it, and I also hate finding those keys. The clues are so vague, and I swear I've looked everywhere for them but never found them all and stopped playing. It feels like the triforce pieces for WW all over again.
Maybe I'll try getting back into it, I dunno, I just got Pokemon Diamond so that'll probably keep me occupied for a while.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #294 on: July 03, 2007, 11:37:46 pm
you feel good when you're masturbating, sounds normal to me.

Fixed.
' _ '

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #295 on: July 05, 2007, 01:32:32 am
So, I just upgraded Firefox after a few days of it nagging me to do it. And I kinda like the older version better... This one makes gif animations stutter when I have too many tabs open. The old version didn't. This one also allows fewer tabs on the screen before you have to scroll among them. Which suddenly makes tabs a lot less useful. I prefer tiny icons to pick from rather than having to scroll back and forth to find what I'm looking for. It also annoys me that they suddenly put the "close tab" button in the same place as IE. I liked always having it in the same corner of the screen. Makes it a lot easier to skim quickly through a lot of tabs, which I do very often. Just hovering the mouse up there and clicking the little red X until I find something new and/or interesting.

Anyone know of any way to fix any of that? It's strange how a new, "improved" version manages to change so many things that made me like Firefox in the first place...

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #296 on: July 05, 2007, 01:43:26 am
judging by the amount of ranting about stuff you like and don't like I think you need a blog :P
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #297 on: July 05, 2007, 01:59:58 am
So, I just upgraded Firefox after a few days of it nagging me to do it. And I kinda like the older version better... This one makes gif animations stutter when I have too many tabs open. The old version didn't. This one also allows fewer tabs on the screen before you have to scroll among them. Which suddenly makes tabs a lot less useful. I prefer tiny icons to pick from rather than having to scroll back and forth to find what I'm looking for. It also annoys me that they suddenly put the "close tab" button in the same place as IE. I liked always having it in the same corner of the screen. Makes it a lot easier to skim quickly through a lot of tabs, which I do very often. Just hovering the mouse up there and clicking the little red X until I find something new and/or interesting.

Anyone know of any way to fix any of that? It's strange how a new, "improved" version manages to change so many things that made me like Firefox in the first place...
I've stopped using winamp because it asks me to update every time I use it, the first or second time I said "fine, update it then"
I have to visit their site and go through the process all over again, not like it's complicated or anything, but it should be built in like all programs, click update, progress bar, done. :n:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #298 on: July 05, 2007, 02:05:16 am

I know Seamonkey (An open source derivative of FF) runs way way smoother than Firefox, which fixes the GIF stuttering.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #299 on: July 05, 2007, 02:15:30 am
I've stopped using winamp...
Might i suggest songbird? its still got lotsa bugs and stuff but its starting to look pretty good. Still not sure about the browser though.
Winamp updates are bullshit. They only ever seem to add crap to the media library that you don't need. And not fix the bugs with the skins :n:.
thanks Dogmeat!