AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277436 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #260 on: June 27, 2007, 06:17:12 pm
That reminds me, I never did finish Echoes. It was a rental and I'd just intended on blazing through it just to say I did, but then it was due and I never rerented it. Forgot where I was, though.

I haven't been keeping up with MP3, though.

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #261 on: June 27, 2007, 07:17:18 pm
I haven't been keeping up with MP3, though.

Probably not the best appreviation to give it... :P

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #262 on: June 27, 2007, 07:20:53 pm
Hahaha, "Corruption"
I didn't even notice that.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #263 on: June 28, 2007, 12:57:41 pm
Just got back from the premiere of Transformers. First, a disclaimer: yes, the drama and comedy and very much Michael Bay (ie, generally painful). That said... damn, watching those big robots get around, transform, fight, etc, was simply awesome. Watching it again tomorrow, since I already bought tickets, hee hee. :p The fact that Megan Fox looks smoking hot doesn't hurt, either. ^_^

PS. Don't ask me why Singapore got the release a week earlier than everywhere else, because I have no clue. I'm confused myself, but I'm certainly not complaining
went to see it tonight, awesome movie, some scenes are a little cheesy, but definitely glad I went to see it.

theatre was full and probably 90% male, actually heard a few "YEAH!"s at certain points :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #264 on: June 28, 2007, 01:23:32 pm
I don't think I could bring myself to stomach that abomination they're calling Transformers.
Way to fuck up the classic designs of every single last Transformer Michael Bay. May you never touch one of my childhood memories again.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #265 on: June 28, 2007, 01:26:55 pm
I don't think I could bring myself to stomach that abomination they're calling Transformers.
Way to fuck up the classic designs of every single last Transformer Michael Bay. May you never touch one of my childhood memories again.
bah, the simpler designs from the cartoons were a necessary compromise, if they had the tools and technology they probably would've designed the transformers like that in the first place.
only thing I thought was a bit ridiculous was megatron turning into a jet, I mean he had been frozen for thousands of years, when did he scan a jet?

edit-
the new transformer toys however, are a complete disgrace, half of them don't even transform  :mean:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #266 on: June 28, 2007, 03:30:34 pm
I wonder what toys you've been checking, cause the ones i've bought have been the coolest i've seen so far, and i've seen a lot. There's those bulky kids toys and waterguns and whatever, but they don't really count.

The proper toys do transform, most of them have parts that when you move one piece it transforms other bits.
And the concept of the whole series has been transforming all the time from those early blocky toys that originated from japan to some rather obscure things like beast wars.

Oh and faceless, you're joking right? That sentence is pretty much exactly what has already evolved to an internet MEME that is copypasted to every single transformers thread.

[Edit] Takam, i haven't seen the movie yet, but megatron's been a jet/robot since his days on cybertron. Just not a human jet. They constantly change their alt. mode.

Onto other news, i found the Dune spice opera soundtrack by Stéphane Picq. Really nice stuff. Did some checkin and seems like he's done music to a lot of games i used to play back in the day, like megarace.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 03:38:28 pm by huZba »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #267 on: June 28, 2007, 04:18:37 pm
Well, I do have to agree that I would have preferred cleaner designs for the transformers (like the old ones).
I like transformers as much as the next guy, but the new designs are ugh. They have so many pieces everywhere to the point where you don't really know what is what. Even the movie poster makes you wonder if they just put textures randomly.

But then again, looking forward to watch the film.

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #268 on: June 28, 2007, 05:05:44 pm
While the new designs may be noisier, on the whole I think they work (megatron being an exception here, he's way too noisy for his own good, and ironhide is toeing the line). As for the argument about Bay shitting all over your classics, let's be honest here, the Transformers as a toyline and a cartoon have been evolving ever since the original toyline (ie, before they were called Transformers). Hell, the Alternators line was probably my favorite in recent memory, and those used modern vehicles and changed the look of the characters quite drastically. Point was, they looked cool.

And I agree with huZba on the toys. Not all are cool (the cheaper line is a little meh), but Prime and Starscream are definite standouts, imho.

As for the jet thing, he wasn't an earth jet, he was in his original alien craft form.

Also, while some of the nostalgia throwbacks were rather cheesy, most were quite awesome. "Starscream, you have failed me once again." Hee hee hee. xD

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #269 on: June 28, 2007, 11:21:33 pm
Haha, I keep forgetting it's my birthday. 17 ftw!