AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277405 times)

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #250 on: June 26, 2007, 08:52:50 am
Please tell us more about the game!
please don't

I don't want to spoil the game for anyone, but I can say that this is a fantastic part in the Zelda series.. I'm a few hours in and so far the game has been really clever and diverse. The stylus controls work perfectly in my opinion, they have managed to strip down the entire control scheme to just the stylus and make everything context sensitive - and yet it still feels like a true Zelda game. Granted I'm already eased in to the idea of playing with a stylus from playing lots of other DS games, but if you're still a bit iffy about the stylus controls.. try to give this game a chance anyway since it really deserves it.

If any of you have any questions about the specifics in this game, I'd be happy to answer them in PM to keep this thread spoiler free.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #251 on: June 27, 2007, 04:16:49 am
Ive gone back to windwaker to slow myself down a bit with phantom hourglass (wanna wait for the english release)
and it really puts the controls in perspective, stuff like picking up and throwing puts etc feels so much more natural with the stylus
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #252 on: June 27, 2007, 04:39:51 am
I was saving to buy myself a DS just for Phantom Hourglass, but turns out I'll have to use it for school expenses.  :yell:

And now reading about how good the controls are (compared to WW, no less), just reminded me of this.

:'(
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #253 on: June 27, 2007, 12:29:55 pm
I'm getting back into where I left off with Metroid Prime Echoes, just beat Quadraxis and got the light suit  :)

Man, Quadraxis must be one of the greatest bosses ever, I actually vsed him 3 times- the first I died because I thought I could beat him with not much health, no light/dark ammo and only a dozen or so missiles :P, then I vsed him twice again because he was so awesome :y:
The dark suit already looked very cool, but the light suit just looks so damn awesome, makes all those little 10 second loading scenes that extra bit better :)

To be harshly honest, I'm not enjoying Echoes as much as the first prime (hard to best).
Mainly because the backtracking is rather excessive and I just preferred prime's world better, I know its rather cliched having an ice world, a lava world, a water world etc but it all felt so believable and filled with culture.
Whereas the Echoes world is just a bit too similar all round, I suppose it's more realistic that way, but with such contrasting areas in the first Prime, it made each and every room so easy to remember, and in Echoes, you could swap rooms and areas from different 'worlds' and they wouldn't seem completely out of place.. Anywho, Quadraxis makes it all worth it (there wasn't much to redeem really though ;))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:31:41 pm by .TakaM »

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #254 on: June 27, 2007, 01:32:39 pm
Great news! my computer has a virus! Now it closes out of everything randomly!!!!

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #255 on: June 27, 2007, 04:33:04 pm
yeah quadraxis was the highlight of echoes for sure...sorry to say but its all downhill from there :P

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #256 on: June 27, 2007, 04:40:53 pm
yes he was pretty fun. isnt he the big worm? i remember his name but not what he looks like, if he is the worm hes the best boss ever!

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #257 on: June 27, 2007, 04:45:53 pm
Never really gave it much thought, but now that you mentioned it, i can clearly remember every level and some rooms almost perfectly from Metroi prime, whereas i can't remember many from echoes. When i played prime for the first time, the whole world seemed so new and i went everywhere scanning all the bits of info and going "OOOOH" "WHOOO" "INTERESTING". In echoes the dark worlds were kind of cool, but i didn't feel like an explorer anymore. I still liked echoes, it's a really good game and i enjoyed every bit, but not as much as the first one. Oh and concept art by that Android guy, what was his real name? very nice stuff. His style is very present in the game graphics.

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #258 on: June 27, 2007, 04:51:56 pm
Just got back from the premiere of Transformers. First, a disclaimer: yes, the drama and comedy and very much Michael Bay (ie, generally painful). That said... damn, watching those big robots get around, transform, fight, etc, was simply awesome. Watching it again tomorrow, since I already bought tickets, hee hee. :p The fact that Megan Fox looks smoking hot doesn't hurt, either. ^_^

PS. Don't ask me why Singapore got the release a week earlier than everywhere else, because I have no clue. I'm confused myself, but I'm certainly not complaining

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #259 on: June 27, 2007, 05:22:00 pm
yeah quadraxis was the highlight of echoes for sure...sorry to say but its all downhill from there :P
having to find another nine keys is really lame, at least its not too much of a challenge and some of them have little puzzles to figure out in order to get the key

yes he was pretty fun. isnt he the big worm? i remember his name but not what he looks like, if he is the worm hes the best boss ever!
the big (giant) security robot spider ;)

I can't remember if it's ever been discussed here, but Metroid Prime 3:
Man I am so psyched for the game, I can't remember what magazine it was, but they said they think it will revolutionize the FPS genre, I doubt MP3 will be an FPS considering the first two weren't, but with more responsive controls it might end up with a bigger emphasis on shooting ???
whatever, my most anticipated Wii title easily, looking forward to some new footage from e3 :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 05:24:01 pm by .TakaM »