AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277506 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #210 on: June 21, 2007, 11:07:26 am
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/i.m-batman/batmans-motorcycle-revealed-269852.php
Aznbuddy   says:

Apparently, the engines are in each tire and there's a bit o' transforming going on for it to go closer to the ground. Fully practical vehicle. And by "practical" I mean "it works in real-life" movie lingo...not..."Honey, I have to go to the store to get some milk. I'll be right back."

and who's AznBuddy to be saying that? hell if I know, but it goes to show that judging something which has been put to so much practical proof and designing cant be judged from a feeble first impression.

I just realized, the first pic of the batsuit precedes this one, the policecar that he stands on in the batsuit photo is the one behind the Batpod in this one....that make me slow?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:20:16 am by Conceit »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #211 on: June 21, 2007, 11:28:54 am
Uhm... I'm not really hyped about batman. I always loved the batcave concept though, but overall never fascinated me.
It always felt like he was a superhero wannabe rather tha one himself. And on top of that, for some reason I was always more attracted to villians.
And yeah whatever about that bike, looks horrible (and dangerous for the rider, esp. if you are going to get attacked and all) regardless the explanation they have behind it.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #212 on: June 21, 2007, 04:35:59 pm
   May be a bit rant-ish, but may I suggest we put some type of SMALL marquee banner below the news box(or maybe even in the news box, possibly replacing the "tank by Opacus" pic, seeing as how it's been there...forever) that reads " Shit that still needs a-fixin': Avatars, Insert Quote link, etc..."
   In other words, can there be some shiny, eye catching pic on the front page that lets new users aware of current tools that are down at the moment. It's not necessarily their fault, as I would probably ask the same question if I were new also. Then again, they could always read the "RULES: READ BEFORE POSTING" thread...but seriously, who ever reads those damn things. I've recently read some of the stuff in there for the first time, since they've been there. You could probably post nudie pics, and probably get away scott free. I probably can place a safe bet that some of the older members haven't read stuff in there either. I swear, if I hear the question " where do I go to insert my avatar?" one more time, I'm going to go friggin' bonkers!!!!

(not trying to be dick, by the way...well...TRYING not to....)
my back hurts...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #213 on: June 21, 2007, 05:07:31 pm
Yeah but then again I think people really don't READ stuff even on the front page and go ahead and ask questions anyway.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #214 on: June 21, 2007, 09:16:03 pm
I echo the sentiment for ranking systems. I love speedrunning stuff it is compelling even though I'm no master. You'll like the game we're putting out soon, huZba.

I'm getting excited allready.

Since Contra 4 was announced i just had to go back to Super Contra once more for old times sake. I've played through it at least a 100 times (it was the only game we played for a looooong time when i was a kid) and those bosses still give me the creeps. The kind of oppressive nature of the game, the music and weird designs make an uncomfortable atmosphere (in a good way). There's also great pace and variety in the levels. Solid gameplay also makes it feel like whenever you fail, it really is you failing and you can't blame gameplay quirks. Finishing it on the hardest level totally destroyed my thumbs and i think i pretty much gave up on the last boss just spamming bombs and expanding the lives i had collected on previous playthroughs.

Shattered soldier was pretty close with the level of manliness and difficulty level, but Neo Contra was just way too easy. The intro was made of pure testosterone and awesome tho.

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #215 on: June 23, 2007, 01:08:55 pm
I echo the sentiment for ranking systems. I love speedrunning stuff it is compelling even though I'm no master. You'll like the game we're putting out soon, huZba.

Thrustburst?

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #216 on: June 23, 2007, 01:09:56 pm
Finally 16 today :0

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #217 on: June 23, 2007, 01:19:26 pm
Happy 16, Opacus.

Evil: yeeeees

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #218 on: June 23, 2007, 01:24:32 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GMMN2LVhr0

Neo Contra is in fact so manly, it's totally okay to load up ammo in clips and generally handle live ammunition while smoking.

edit: holy shit, you're not freakin' kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voICcLiEuVo

my penis grew an inch just by watching these.

phallic guns? Yes. Phallic rocket launchers cradled in the lap of both protagonists? Yes. Phallic space station? Yes. Phallic space station ejaculates on earth-like planet, destroying it? yes. MAIN PROTAGONISTS RIDING A PHALLIC WHALE?

THE CROWNING GLORY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCmbIwizjY&mode=related&search=
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:39:43 pm by Helm »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #219 on: June 23, 2007, 04:53:41 pm
Ahahahaha, man that last one is soooo hilarious. But yes indeed, lots of homoerotic connotations in there.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.