AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277326 times)

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #190 on: June 20, 2007, 04:21:07 am
i have too many ideas, but my skills arent good enough to pull them off, and if something isn't working out i just give up.  my pixelling motivation is at an all time low, i feel your pain.
I have the same problem, I start working with something, and after an hour or so, I realize that I dislike it, so instead of trying to improve it, I just close it without saving it.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #191 on: June 20, 2007, 10:45:42 am
Playing Phantom Hourglass

Looks a lot better on the DS screens, has had nice cutscenes so far, intro is very cool too.
I'm having fun so far, despite it being all in japanese, man, they could've shown such better screenshots  :y:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #192 on: June 20, 2007, 10:54:14 am
Wait what? How'd you get your hands on it already? (hmm, runs to check the romsites... AHA)

Okay, you'll buy the game when it's released in english, right? Looks like we'll have to wait till the end of the year tho.
Man, i've been wanting to play Megaman ZX on DS for so long now, but it still hasn't been released in europe. The sequel is already out in japan.....

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #193 on: June 20, 2007, 11:02:54 am
Can't wait to get my hands on Phantom Hourglass...
But soon once I go to Japan >:0

As for Megaman ZX's sequel, wasn't it coming out in July or am I mixing different games?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #194 on: June 20, 2007, 11:09:59 am
Wait what? How'd you get your hands on it already? (hmm, runs to check the romsites... AHA)

Okay, you'll buy the game when it's released in english, right? Looks like we'll have to wait till the end of the year tho.
Man, i've been wanting to play Megaman ZX on DS for so long now, but it still hasn't been released in europe. The sequel is already out in japan.....
yah ofcourse, even when I had my GBA flash cart I bought all the games I wanted.. ended up with 33 I think :P

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #195 on: June 20, 2007, 11:19:49 am
Yeah, just checked, the sequel(ZX advent) is coming next month in japan actually and the previous game is set for next week in europe.
ZX was released half a year ago in US, soo, i guess it's the same old story with having to translate the ingame texts to german and whatever.

I heard Phantom Hourglass got an almost perfect score on Famitsu, so i guess the delay was well worth it.

Oh and .Takam  :y:

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #196 on: June 20, 2007, 11:23:02 am
I heard Phantom Hourglass got an almost perfect score on Famitsu, so i guess the delay was well worth it.
39/40 apparently  :y:

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #197 on: June 20, 2007, 06:06:31 pm
yeah i need PH in my pants like NOW...also ZX is pretty sweet, but its really only a couple days worth of play i think, without much replay.  Hella pretty though!

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #198 on: June 20, 2007, 06:40:24 pm
I've really enjoyed the Megaman Z series, especially with the ranking system. They're all pretty short if you don't care for ranks or unlockable items and such, but trying to get the perfect score is insanely hard and gives a great feeling of achievement. You get a totally different view of the levels when trying to go through at maximum speed, killing EVERYTHING and without taking any damage yourself. Kinda like doing a perfect speedrun.

I think every game should have this kind of speedrun/ranking system. Ninja Gaiden for example is a new game each time you aim for a higher rank, and again renewed when you start on a harder difficulty level. At the point where you really have to push Ryu to his limits it really starts to feel like you're a proper super ninja.

Then games like Contra are just plain hardcore and not so easy to access, so the system in Megaman Z gives a good game that's easy to access, as well as something for the totally hardcore people. I think today that games HAVE TO be more and more accessible to cover for rising developement costs, they sometimes forget smaller audiences that just don't get turned on by something too simple. This is why having something more deep hidden under an accessible shell is just perfect. Not to scare away too much, but also to give more if you so wish.

One time me and my friend were having a competition on who completes the first world of super mario world the fastest and it was so much fun.  :)

Oh and long story short: :y: Ranking systems  :y:

As for Phantom Hourglass... want it NAO! Maybe should consider importing from US when it's released, since DS is region free and sometimes the games are cheaper as well.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #199 on: June 20, 2007, 06:47:11 pm
I echo the sentiment for ranking systems. I love speedrunning stuff it is compelling even though I'm no master. You'll like the game we're putting out soon, huZba.