AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277468 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #170 on: June 19, 2007, 08:08:05 am
Don't just try, "do" instead.
If something doesn't work, keep moving on, look at stuff that inspires you, try new things, give yourself some project, work under restrictions, pixel things you enjoy, start pixelling for a game or something. There are countless options out there.
Or even better, try to find why you can't be bothered to. Too much work? Or perhaps you've become tired of it?
If anything then go with something else, after all pixel art isnt the only way.

But really, no one is going to feed you for just having your mouth open. So either find something that works for you, or starve.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:54:31 am by Panda »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #171 on: June 19, 2007, 10:45:36 am
Then do something about it.
Whining won't take you anywhere.
You say that like I haven't tried. Thanks for nothing.

I've tried finding inspiration by looking into new artists, new mediums, even just going back to traditional mediums and then I come back to pixel art and it's like I don't feel it anymore. I've been in this strange phase for longer than I ever have been before. Usually they just go away, but this is going on 7 months now.

I'd say, it's probably something that's holding you up emotionally. I've been having this feeling as well, and I sorta know that it has a lot to do with many aspects of my personal and emotional life being a bit messed up at times. When stuff starts to feel okay, I suddenly have the touch for pixels and pencil drawing and whatnot.

You sure there's not something around those lines that's holding you back?

And, well, Panda's kinda right aswell. But he's a bit harsh. Ultra-sissies like me can't take stuff like that, but I hope you can x]
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #172 on: June 19, 2007, 10:56:41 am
I find sacrificing goats to the dark lord always helps with motivation. That I have a big red timer above my head counting down to my death also helps!

Last time i checked Mario used his fists, legs, fireballs and waterguns as well as his butt to kill baddies(He's grown since the 8bit days u-know).

I don't really... uh... um, I don't really care. I shouldn't have gotten involved in this discussion.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #173 on: June 19, 2007, 11:49:14 am
Then do something about it.
Whining won't take you anywhere.
You say that like I haven't tried. Thanks for nothing.

I've tried finding inspiration by looking into new artists, new mediums, even just going back to traditional mediums and then I come back to pixel art and it's like I don't feel it anymore. I've been in this strange phase for longer than I ever have been before. Usually they just go away, but this is going on 7 months now.

Sooo, what do you do instead of pixel art? Sometimes people circle around in a deadly vicious cycle into complete idleness. I have a friend who hasn't been able to do anything for over a year other than idle and bathe in despair. Maybe you're missing something from the feedback loop of making pixel-art, you know, like putting effort, getting something in return. It's tough to do anything without returns, so everyone has SOME reason to doing whatever they do.

Quote from: Helm
I don't really... uh... um, I don't really care. I shouldn't have gotten involved in this discussion.

Don't take it too seriously  :)

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #174 on: June 19, 2007, 12:47:05 pm
Well I have been in a similar situation as blick for about 2 years, but that is mostly due to laziness on my part.
I think the Nintendo Virtual Console is a really good way to get back into the mood to pixel. Or if you don't have that, I guess you could buy a gamepad adapter, hook your computer up to your tv, and play the roms. If you didn't grow up playing the Nes or Snes, but rather Arcade, or Atari, or C64 and etc. then play those instead.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #175 on: June 19, 2007, 01:33:51 pm
No Jigglypuff?  :'(

I pwnd with Jigglypuff.  Don't yell at me if he's already been scrapped in the newer game, though. All I have is the N64 game.

I could never beat the "break the targets" with Jigglypuff :'(...so I'll just stick with good ol Kirby :D
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Obsidian

• Chemically Unstable
    • View Profile

Reply #176 on: June 19, 2007, 02:57:58 pm
I could never beat the "break the targets" with Jigglypuff :'(...so I'll just stick with good ol Kirby :D

You have to use Jiggly's left+b move on the bottom part.
Anyway, I don't care for Jigglypuff either. Ice Climbers and Game and Watch going isn't a problem for me either; before melee I had never even heard of either of them.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #177 on: June 19, 2007, 03:07:30 pm
Jigglypuff isn't gone though, so I don't know why we're even discussing her leaving...
So far every character from the original Smash Bros has been confirmed to be in Brawl by Sakurai.
He also said that there would be no clones. So Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, and etc. are all out unless they get remade with new movesets.
Personally I'm hoping for Ganondorf to be a sword based character, and that they use his design from TP.
There's also a rumour that alt costumes will actually be costumes this time around, and not merely recolours.
I haven't heard anything official on this though.

Confirmed:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus Aran
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Pikachu
Luigi
Ness
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Snake
Metaknight

Offline Obsidian

• Chemically Unstable
    • View Profile

Reply #178 on: June 19, 2007, 03:15:36 pm
Marth's not in there yet?!?  :o

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #179 on: June 19, 2007, 03:46:36 pm
I really doubt that Marth will be in it.
Way more likely to be someone from the Gamecube Fire Emblem games, or the GBA ones.

Eliwood perhaps?
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/fe/fe7/art/eliwood.jpg
Or maybe this guy:
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/653/653496/fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-20050923024655943.jpg