AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 280057 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #110 on: June 16, 2007, 11:49:29 pm
Also, if we're going by Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Link has a cape/cloak that makes him invisible doesn't he? Then he could just sneak up on MC and get him when his guard is down.
Don't forget that Link also has bombs in his arsenal as well, so he can be just as deadly as MC if he played his cards right.

And if we're going by Halo: Combat Evolved, then Master Chief can pick up active camo powerups that turn him invisible for a minute!

Also, I'm sorry to bring this up again, but... To me, anyone who can choose not to "believe" in evolution must be one thick creature. Or just closed-minded. But it's kinda proven that religion in general does close minds, so maybe it's not completely unexpected. No offense to anyone who'd be offended by these few sentences. I just think it's a shame, s'all.

So! I've played Oblivion for 104 hours now. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #111 on: June 17, 2007, 12:02:10 am

Also, I'm sorry to bring this up again, but... To me, anyone who can choose not to "believe" in evolution must be one thick creature. Or just closed-minded. But it's kinda proven that religion in general does close minds, so maybe it's not completely unexpected. No offense to anyone who'd be offended by these few sentences. I just think it's a shame, s'all.

Well, I do not beleive all things evolved from one single celled orgranism, but too say there has been no evolution amoung species is ludacris. Fossils prove that there has indeed been changes in species over the millions of years the earth has existed. I could even beleive everything evolved from a much smaller group of species than exists now, but I still cannot say I think we all came from a water dwelling single-celled organism. Especially when the adapation of living on land comes into play, that is a durastic change, that I doubt is entirly possible, maybe all land dwellers evolved from amphibians...... Discovery Channel ftw :crazy:
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #112 on: June 17, 2007, 11:59:32 am
Oh c'mon xion and malor, it's not that everything suddenly jumped on land or in one day there was a bird evolved from a single cell organism. Just go to wikipedia for some research for yourself. Evolution is slow, and it doesn't happen like what you said Xion, like a lizard suddenly turning into a bird. You say you believe in natural selection, yet don't believe in the long term effects of natural selection? Like if something changed just a little bit over a span of 1000 years, due to natural selection, mutations and environment change and such, so in a few million years it might look totally different. But enough of that, i don't want to sound like a grade school teacher. I don't want to enforce any of the views on anyone, like panda said, suit yourself, but also don't go smashing other theories based on miniscule bits of information you've heard somewhere without any knowledge on the subject matter.

Onto subjects that really do matter, i really liked the first X-men but haven't seen the others. Worth a rent maybe? It's kind of cool the old guys are coming back in a blast, like transformers, turtles and the marvel heroes.

@Rox: ohmigod, oblivion is a really odd creature. I watched my brothes play it a lot and laughed about the random dungeons with nothing inside, fighting the same enemies all the time and having no real goals or whatever. It all seemed so pointless. Then one day i tried it for myself and played like 10 hours straight cause it's just so darn addictive.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #113 on: June 17, 2007, 01:19:44 pm
Miyazaki

Princess Mononoke, was the best Anime movie, evar.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #114 on: June 17, 2007, 01:51:45 pm
I personally like Laputa or Nausicaa better than Mononoko, tho they are all ace. Porco Rosso and Totoro are awesome as well, as is Howl's moving castle. Miyazaki owns

On another account, I watched Paprika, the new anime by Satoshi Kon, and it's all kinds of cool.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #115 on: June 17, 2007, 02:53:31 pm
My personal favourites from Ghibli are Totoro, Porco Rosso and Spirited Away. 
Laputa and Nausicaa indeed are pretty nice, and that one with the racoons (Heisei Tanuki Gassen Pompoko) was kinda funny.
Overall I enjoy all the movies coming from that studio (and I can't wait to go to the museum >:0 )

Sathoshi Kon movies are neat too, and Paprika has been my favourite out of all.

But Tekkon Kinkreet beats all of them, at least for me.
If you get the chance, watch it.

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #116 on: June 17, 2007, 03:04:16 pm
Princess mononoke is the best anime movie I've seen till now, I also like spirited away and grave of the fireflies. I don't really like Laputa though. I haven't seen many other anime movies.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #117 on: June 17, 2007, 04:18:32 pm
Man, Grave of the Fireflies. I seen it and it totally destroyed me. Most evil antiwarfilm ever. VERY powerful stuff. Only saw it once.
Maybe I will watch it again when I feel entirely too happy sometime. :'(
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #118 on: June 17, 2007, 04:26:10 pm
And if we're going by Halo: Combat Evolved, then Master Chief can pick up active camo powerups that turn him invisible for a minute!

Ways Link can detect invisible things:
Magnifying Glass (LA)
Lens of Truth (OoT, and MM)
Wolf Sense (TP)

And lets not forget that Link can travel back through time and kill MC whilst he's still a child.
He can also carry 5 fairies around with him that allow him to cheat death not once, but 5 times.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #119 on: June 17, 2007, 04:53:58 pm
huzba - X-men 2 is a much better movie than x-men 1, i think its the best of the 3 by far, definitely check that one out!