AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277380 times)

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #100 on: June 16, 2007, 09:30:55 pm
There's proof of evolution happening all the time. Like some insects evolve into stronger insects due to the use of pesticides. A group 1000 is poisoned, a few barely make it trough, those create a new 1000, they're poisoned again, some more survive and suddenly there's a group of insects impervious to a certain type of pesticide. I could go on forever, but it seems that you're just uneducated Snippa. Study the evidence of common descent.

"evolving anywhere near where we are at in life today."

I'd say human race is in a pretty darn shitty situtaion in life today. Man is only benefitial to man. Also there's quite a few sentient species on earth as far as i know :P

And apes are still around for the same reason there are a zillion different types of cats around. Different environment brings forward different evolution. Some had an unchanging environment that doesn't bring forward evolution.

Tho you can't really prove anything if you go into semantics, since you can't really even prove that anything other than yourself exists.

-edit-
disregard that i suck lollipop, i second what adam said.

So anyone going to see the new Transformers movie?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 09:37:11 pm by huZba »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #101 on: June 16, 2007, 09:38:11 pm
I'd say enough about this whole thing. It will lead nowhere.
I'm agnostic myself, and I don't care much about religions overall (but if there is someone up there or down there watching over us, good for her), and I accept evolution theories and all the scientific er... thingies.
It doesn't matter to me whether you agree with me or not.
Simply believe what you want and whatever makes you happy, but keep it to yourself without forcing anyone else to be like you.
After all every one is the protagonist of their own life, and you got no extra 1UPs around. So just be the way you want.

But ultimately the universe was made by nintendo.  !yus!

Offline Snippa

• View Profile

Reply #102 on: June 16, 2007, 10:12:39 pm
But ultimately the universe was made by nintendo.  !yus!
Atari.  :mean:

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #103 on: June 16, 2007, 10:25:20 pm
I'm agnostic myself

man, agnostic is the worst.  Atheist - if there is god we're going to hell, if not, we get a well deserved lie-in on sundays.  Religious people have something to look forward to and have something to devote there life/time to.  Agnostic is just trying to get the perks of atheism but without the punishment of a hellish after life, because you were a bit unsure...  :P

And there soooo many long posts in this thread... wateva happened to people posting stupid and useless pictures, or even better ... legos.

The old OT thread was better... this one has a sour beggining and one has a feeling it will continue to do so....

i just spent about £140 on concert tickets  :-X

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #104 on: June 16, 2007, 10:30:17 pm
After all every one is the protagonist of their own life, and you got no extra 1UPs around.
I like that.

Natural selection, sure.
Mutations and isolations causing different species, sure.
But I just don't think it could've happened to such a drastic extent as a lizard turning into a bird, or a monkey into a human.
It won't matter much longer anyway, 'cause pretty soon we'll all kill the earth anyway.

Atari? No, man, it was made by George Lucashigeru Miyazaki.

How much is a euro? 140...So, what, that's like 50 cents, right? (j/k)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #105 on: June 16, 2007, 10:41:30 pm
Sorry for rousing the fragile subject matter. I just thought that museum was, to put it lightly, interesting.

@huzba: Yar, I most definitely plan to watch the new transformers movie. The first previews looked like ass crap, but the newer ones got me most interested. So yeah, definitely gonna watch it...
   Looks like a Captain America movie is in the talks...well, seriously in the talks or more so than previously mentioned. I just hope that who ever directs, or plays him doesn't make him too corny. He's practically my fav' superhero, and in my opinion, if it blows over, I think it'll be the final nail in the coffin for Marvel movies. The recent releases are EXTREMELY lack luster(ceptin' the staples, like x-men, and spiderman...ok the last X-men movie blew a little.) Hopefully Iron Man can be the better half, to pick up the slack that Fantastic 4 is leaving right now. That, and Edward Norton doing The Hulk. Seriously though, Marvel seems to be slackin' in the cinemas, and DC is catchin' flames real quick. It's as if it's a cycle, that repeats itself like it did during the 60's, 70's, and 80's(Every older generation's favorite Christopher Reed as Superman, and the ass crap marvel movies of the 70's..."The Trial of the Incredible Hulk": Houston, that's a big WTF!)
my back hurts...

Offline Snippa

• View Profile

Reply #106 on: June 16, 2007, 10:43:07 pm
@Xion: I'm confused about the zaki part. o.O

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #107 on: June 16, 2007, 10:47:03 pm
xmen 3 was a patently offensive steaming pile of WTF crap that never should have made it even past budget screenings.  But then, I liked Usual Suspects more than Rush Hour, so...

spiderman 3 was at least fun; it was probably even worse than xmen 3, but since it didn't take itself so GD seriously we could at least enjoy it!

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #108 on: June 16, 2007, 11:13:15 pm
i was so disspointed with xmen 3.  The script was a pile of shit, especially next to the other 2.  Spiderman 3 was also bollocks.  batman begins beat both of them put together, oh and throw in the first FF too.

however on the whole there are more good marvel films that DC ones within the past 10 years or so.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #109 on: June 16, 2007, 11:17:03 pm
Miyazaki

Xmen3 was ass.
I hope they do Iron Man justice, as he's one of my favorites.
And most definitely, I am going to see Transformers, robots in da skies.