AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 277352 times)

Offline fawel

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #70 on: June 16, 2007, 07:18:16 am
My mum is an auditor for "Lost."

For you Batman guys, have you seen the new batsuit yet?
Looks very cool :)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #71 on: June 16, 2007, 07:49:47 am
My mum is an auditor for "Lost."

For you Batman guys, have you seen the new batsuit yet?
Looks very cool :)
Euhh...I'm no fan of the new suit.

TakaM: I can't wait, but I'll wait.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #72 on: June 16, 2007, 08:28:04 am
Gil: You are just making yourself look like a desperate fool, but whatever.
If we were giving a strike for every rude comment given, you'd have at least 50 by now. Your first strike was after many things build up, and being rude to Hawk was the last straw that broke the camel's back. Stop mentioning the "whoever should get a strike for this" as it won't lead you anywhere.
Well, now isn't it funny? Yesterday I PM'd you politely and you simply started with your drama all by yourself, posting on the OT thread about you leaving, and then only posting the parts that were juicy for you from my PMs (like the "next time you are going down" leaving the "I just warned you" part)
If you wanted to leave in peace, why did you even start this whole thing? If you care so much about the community, why would you do such a thing?
You are simply so proud of yourself and your past "tons of good CC" to a point where you believe that it makes up for whatever you do. And having people pointing otherwise makes you itch.
Common decency you say? Do you ever apply it before posting like an ass?
All the things you are mentioning here to defend yourself, could be perfectly used against you aswell.
But anyway, I just had enough with you, and to tell you the truth, you are not worth my free time.
If you are leaving, just go.

sharprm: I never said it was only a place to help new comers. I said it was a place for helping and improving.
Also Gil a mod? Haha that's a good one.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:35:14 am by Panda »

Offline Snippa

• View Profile

Reply #73 on: June 16, 2007, 08:44:33 am
Panda, Gil... Enough of this.
Take it to pms, quit poisoning the community with your drama, we don't want it.
I don't care who started it, or what else either of you think you need to say, you can both keep it to pms if you really feel either of you need to say something.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #74 on: June 16, 2007, 08:51:26 am
Yes, yes, my bad for this, but I had to reply.

Anyway, is anyone going to get Zelda DS as soon as it comes?
I'm kinda looking forward to it, though I wish you had d-pad control.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #75 on: June 16, 2007, 09:26:47 am
Oh my. Look at all this. I go to a comics festival for a few days and people go on a flaming festival.

Not only are some people discussing this out in the open, feeding the drama, a few old users have come out of wherever they've been hiding to post their opinions on the matter. That's a bit strange.

Gil is banned now, for a year. Hammer of justice crushes him, overpower. All that. That's the end of that. If any of you want to discuss it further, okay, but please try to keep it civil. Because someone was banned doesn't mean we now get to be an ass to them for the hell of it. We'll miss Gil's constructive critique, but we won't miss his behaviour problems. Perhaps a year from now things will have fixed themselves.

Stwelin, it's really really bad form to post PMs without the permission of the other guy. Please don't do that again.

Mori, Tenshi, hello. Maybe stick around and post some critique? That will surely enhance pixelation much more than internet drama.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #76 on: June 16, 2007, 09:52:22 am
anyone seen the new fantastic four?, the first was shit - but i think this is going to be one of the rare occasions when a sequel is better than an original.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #77 on: June 16, 2007, 09:56:13 am
Yes, yes, my bad for this, but I had to reply.

Anyway, is anyone going to get Zelda DS as soon as it comes?
I'm kinda looking forward to it, though I wish you had d-pad control.
I'm kinda looking forward to it, the controls don't worry me at all, but the graphics do.
they have improved a bit lately, but link's face is still deformed and all out of proportion compared to windwaker

plus his hair is almost painted on
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #78 on: June 16, 2007, 11:55:03 am
PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE.

The correct connotation is "Could care less."

No it's not.  Read your Strunk and White.

Indeed. If you tell someone that you "could care less", that means you actually do care a little bit. What people mean what they say it, is that they absolutely don't give a shit. Saying that you COULDN'T care less means your interest has hit rock bottom, and perhaps sunk even a bit lower. It's impossible for you to care any less than you currently do, because you do not care about it at all, what-so-ever. I can't believe how many people don't realize that they're saying the opposite of what they're trying to when typing those three words. "Could care less."

"Could careless" is pretty popular online, too, and it really hurts my brain. People don't actually know what words mean anymore, do they? They just throw them around in ways they think they're supposed to be used.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #79 on: June 16, 2007, 12:03:50 pm
How about 'I could give a shit' / 'I don't give a shit'. DEMYSTIFY PLEASE