AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 280122 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 09:53:40 pm
It's kinda amusing how it's always the moderators' fault. Like it never crosses one's mind how a forum this large would look without a defined set of rules.

Speaking of rules. Guitar Hero 2 is really pumping my ego. I got several new best scores today. I just need to get a 5* rating on any song on Expert, on the last set list... and I'm happy. I'm also lacking 5* scores on the 6th list (third to last), but I managed to get 4* on all the songs there so I'm kinda pleased with that for now. The 7th set list was easy to get a 5* score on. It's got YYZ after all.

I get five stars on that damn song every time I play it, no matter how badly I mess up.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: June 16, 2007, 01:49:38 am
Personally I have seen plenty of posts from Gil deserving of strikes, and I'm glad to see him leave if these are the posts he continually, and consistantly makes.

You say you're being singled out. Perhaps this is because you ARE the worst offender? I have managed not to butt heads with the moderators, as have the majority of other members on these boards, and I am not always positive about peoples' work. You seem to go out of your way to post something extremely negative, and not at all constructive every time you see something that you percieve to be below some imaginary standard you have invented that is required to be an active member of Pixelation.

I have seen Helm on occasion say to members that they would benefit to learn the basics before trying to experiment further with pixel art, but he has always appeared friendly and genuinely helpful when doing so. The problem is not what you are saying, as what you say in AdamA's examples could very well be valid, and is very similar to the advice Helm has given on occasion. The difference is your posts are demoralising. Some of these people are 11, 12, 13 years old, and they don't deserve to be put down like that for trying something new.

I have a younger brother who is only 10 and whilst he isn't particularly talented at drawing for his age, he is very enthuesiastic about learning to get better, and deserves the chance to improve without negativity being thrown at him. It is a right that should be extended to everyone on these boards. Not everyone is trying to make a living off of Pixel Art. For some it is just a hobby, and that has to be respected as well. Not everybody can be the next Da Vinci. They see something that inspires them, and so they want to do it too, and you damn them for it.

The fact is I've been around on Pixelation for a long time as well, I'm not sure about our exact join dates, but possibly as long or longer than you, and the first thoughts that come to mind when I think of you and your posts are of someone who thinks he's somehow better than the newer members here.

If Gil was ever a limb, he is a festering one now.
(It isn't nice to hear others being so negative about you is it? Bare that in mind.)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: June 16, 2007, 02:39:48 am
Well, since your leaving i guess that it's okay if i disclose these little tidbits from our friendly PM exchanges.

Quote from: Gil
About your post calling me an ass in Zee's thread:

You have no right to call me out, as you aren't a mod. My comment was very polite, I just told Zee that the edit was bad, which it is. Draco didn't take it bad, neither should you.

Also, Feron's comment on that edit was a lot harsher than mine.

Look, I could care less about your pathetic person, it's not like you ever did anything for this community, except for providing us some dumb spam to read...

And I couldn't care less about your opinion, because after my strike, multiple people contacted me to say they strongly dissagree and that they consider me a valuable member. People who have been member for a lot longer than you are. I just thought you might want to know a little more about the story before you spout your mouth on the subject.

In any case, I hope you find a lovely little community elsewhere that appreciates you and your pretentious, egotistical attitude. I hope that when you find such a place, you feel welcome when the resident oldbie asshole shits on your head, just as you have the newcomers of ours.

edit: sorry about not being able to post my own PMs in this conversation. Not trying to hide the fact that i was also harsh, but the forum's software doesn't seem to archive outgoing messages, feel free to post my half if you're still kicking around, Gil.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:47:54 am by Stwelin »

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: June 16, 2007, 02:49:19 am
PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE.

The correct connotation is "Could care less."

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #44 on: June 16, 2007, 02:55:12 am
Okay, look, I wasn't going to post anymore, but this is pushing it.

1. Faceless should get a strike for that post. Whoever he's talking to, you can't just post that and get away with it. I didn't even post anything half that rude to get my strikes. Plus, it's obviously a way to start a flame war

2. Stwellin, that's very low. Those PMs are confidential, and you surely forgot to mention that I sent that after I had sent you a polite PM, to which you replied with this total jerk comment:

I really don't care about your sob story. Sorry the mods dislike your attitude now, and sorry that you are being punished for doing a civil duty. (read: asshole.)

Don't belittle me by saying that "i don't really understand what's going on." I'm not digging for a big story here, or anything about your past, i just hate the way you talk towards people! Get a grip, man.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: June 16, 2007, 02:59:33 am
Stwellin, that's very low. Those PMs are confidential, and you surely forgot to mention that I sent that after I had sent you a polite PM

Quote from: stwelin
Not trying to hide the fact that i was also harsh, but the forum's software doesn't seem to archive outgoing messages, feel free to post my half if you're still kicking around, Gil.

Well... it would appear you have a real stranglehold on that whole ordeal known as reading, eh?

--

Anyway, I'd like to direct anyone interested over to shmup-dev.com , as they've started their second round of  shmup development for the year 2007 with a whole new theme. Anyone proficient in game artwork, programming, or that just likes shmups should definitely check it out.. I myself will be participating, just wanted to make sure it didn't pass under anyone's radar, there appear to be a lot more entries this time. The more the merrier.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:02:34 am by Stwelin »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #46 on: June 16, 2007, 03:02:50 am
Are you expecting me to start flaming you now?

There's a difference between harsh and that PM you sent me. The difference is common decency.

It's also common decency to let me leave in peace, instead of flamebating me back. I said I didn't want a fuss, yet you are creating one...

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: June 16, 2007, 03:09:18 am
I don't seem to be able to locate any part in this thread where you stated you weren't trying to cause an issue, in fact, formally stating you were leaving with a post of that nature was a surefire way TO cause a fuss.

In any case, good riddance. I didn't know you well at all, so I cannot say there is anything i will feel like I am missing, but I am sorry to those who feel the community will be lesser without you.

Offline Tenshi

• Seraphic Radiance
    • View Profile
    • Tenshi Animetion

Reply #48 on: June 16, 2007, 03:11:25 am
Did someone say something about 'oldbies'?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:16:29 am by Tenshi »
Jaeda / Jade

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: June 16, 2007, 03:14:57 am
This is the most on-topic off-topic thread in some time.. for pete's sake, someone post some legos or something.