AuthorTopic: [WIP]Bolton: Subpoena  (Read 5884 times)

Offline hANshOTtH3RD

• View Profile

[WIP]Bolton: Subpoena

on: January 31, 2020, 12:32:50 am
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster(sort of). Don't know if any of you follow the news, but I did a diddy of John Bolton:

...it's the Obama "hope" style. I'm having some problems with speckling, not sure if there is an easy trick to get rid of that?(i'm working in GIMP btw) It's kinda messy because it's all generated via image processing(indexing, paths+selections, paintbucket, layering). I started to try and lean it up manually, although I sort of too big a job for the amount of time I want to spend. Anyone know a quick trick to remove speckles? or the proper way to do whatever it is you call this so that I don't end up with speckles to begin with?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:54:10 pm by hANshOTtH3RD »

Offline hANshOTtH3RD

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Bolton: Subpoena

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 06:56:51 pm
test post: "This message is awaiting approval by a moderator." / "Awaiting Approval".

...updated my email... is it fixed?

...whoops try again, should be working now!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:31:26 pm by hANshOTtH3RD »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:56:54 am

Like this?

That'll be $1,000 unless you're using it for education.
It's a closely-guarded secret method I'm afraid.

In all honesty though, it does require the current version of Illustrator. Sadly, GIMP does not have the feature as far as I'm aware.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline hANshOTtH3RD

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 05:47:57 pm
I like it! how about we go 50%-50% on the profits! with of course a fair use exception for educational purposes ;)

...Update(04/June/2020): I'm still not sure how I wan't to fix Bolton yet(maybe just start over). ...so much pixel noise; also, i sized the horizontal bars twice as thick as they should be for the size of the image; and the frame is kinda on the tall side too(I wan't to settle on a common size should I decide to tile a whole bunch of these things) 

...I did a little resize+cleanup on the original Obama Hope poster for practice today(It ended up 356w x 534h px total including 12px borders; perhaps it's best to match the original):

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:26:34 pm by hANshOTtH3RD »