AuthorTopic: Punk (5 colors, small image alert)  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Punk (5 colors, small image alert)

on: June 11, 2007, 03:05:03 pm
 I was bored, and something inspired me to do this peice...not sure at all what, though. I really like this peice, even though it is small, I think it is one of my best yet. I really enjoyed limiting myself to 5 colors, even though I was tempted to add more, I didn't..whoo. 1 hour-ish spent on this.

Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: Punk (5 colors, small image alert)

Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:49:24 pm
The body and the face shading work really well. The hair could use a rework to follow the cubed head shape, looks a bit tacked on. With a bit more contrast, it would work at 1x, right now i think it looks best at 2x. Check out Tremulant's work for good contrast ideas for this kind of size and subject.

Offline poingo

• :B
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 06:26:19 am
I pretty much agree with turbo, it does look better at 2x, but imo the squarish head is a little odd with the body... maybe if you rounded the bottom off a little?
The above post may not be helpful at all, as the author usually has no idea what he is talking about.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 07:13:08 am
Maybe more extreme haircut? and if you paint squarish head, light on her must conform to his form. I think need define style, squarish - than body must keep this, now he is more real... or realistic style (some a bit comic), than head need revamp.
Funny person ))

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:28:40 pm
ah..that makes sense..I suppose I'll mess around with the head then..
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.