AuthorTopic: Fountain WIP (First post)  (Read 2980 times)

Offline MattVonFat

• View Profile
    • Leek Software

Fountain WIP (First post)

on: October 31, 2005, 09:20:44 pm
Hi!

I've pixelled (is that a corrent spelling?) for a while now but this is my first post on here.

I'm trying to create a game in an Isometric style as I realised the only way I can get my drawings looking any good is to pixel them and Isometric seemed like a challenge. I can quite easilly do blocky art but the different shaped thingfs pose a problem. This is a fountain that I have been working on this evening.

I think it looks ok at the moment but it could look less flat. I'm also not sure if the part that touches the ground looks correct. I also don't know what to do with the outline.

The odd looking thing on top is meant to look like an odd little thing - not a dolphin or anything fancy like that :P

It would be nice to know what you guys think of it, how it could be improved and suggestions for fixing the bits i mentioned above.

Thanks for any suggestions or criticisms!

-Matt
"There is nothing like a dream to create the future!"
http://www.leeksoftware.co.uk

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: Fountain WIP (First post)

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 03:01:17 am
 Add shade to it. Always use good contrast to shade it. Don't outline everything with black, it makes the sprite look ugly. Instead, think in terms of colored outlines. Use dark grey instead.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Re: Fountain WIP (First post)

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 07:58:37 pm
The base column of the fountain where it meets the ground needs to have more curve to it, unless it's actually not a circle.