AuthorTopic: first post!  (Read 3767 times)

Offline .need.4.speed.

• RAR!!
    • View Profile

first post!

on: October 31, 2005, 08:30:22 pm
hi I'm new and i made this on paint
;D tell me wat you think

Offline Skalle

• Skalle
    • View Profile

Re: first post!

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 06:21:47 pm
I think that looks pretty good for a first post. Have you been working with pixelart before joining the forum?

Well i can't see anything thats wrong with it. It's good, but i think you forgot to shadow one of the beige blocks, is that the little house where you pay before entering the lot? I also think that the shadows are misplaced on the beige things hanging between the two big buildings: as shadows on everything else goes down-right, the shadows from the beige connection should be more down-right also.

And I don't think the road would really be that crooked, with only 90 degree turns? And it bothers me there are so many beige roads/fences. Your choice though. Except what I mentioned I think it's really good. I look forward to see more art from you, isometric as well as non-isometric.

Offline .need.4.speed.

• RAR!!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:46:44 pm
yeah i have been doing pixel art for like 3 years but whats wrongs with the connecting thing

Offline .need.4.speed.

• RAR!!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 03:12:13 am
hi i didnt know whether to make a new thread or post it in here.
i made a some sprites and made a little game sene thing

Offline Skalle

• Skalle
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 11:21:12 am
I think you should understand about the shadow of the connection with this:
because the shadow shouldn't fall straight below, right?

About those game sprites, those are really cool, i see nothing wrong with anatomy or whatsoever. You might want to use some more contrast on the shades on the sprites, like a little bigger difference between darkgreen and lightgreen. The background seems a little boring though: There's not much detail, especially on the doors. Also the wires/cables are too bright. Other than that, it looks wonderful.

You could make different topics for different pictures, but you could have pictures of the same category in the same topic (ie. if you plan on making more things for that game, you might want a topic about the game). If you plan on making a lot of unrelated pictures though, you can make a big topic for everything you do. Check out the other topics here on the forum, and then decide what would be best for you.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 06:57:23 pm by Skalle »