AuthorTopic: WIP skeleton sprite  (Read 7350 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: WIP skeleton sprite

Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 08:04:21 pm
    Those colors are not wokring for me, but if it is what you were going for.....I guess I won;t complain too much. You probably know this (i.e. the "arm problem) but the foremost arm gets lost in the body, I could not even tell it was there without help from your earlier stages (the gold, non-hue shifted one) to see it, and even then it is hard to make out.. I would change the angle of the arm, to make it visable.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 06:49:48 am
Hello, thought I'd offer up how I would approach the skull and ribcage. I think the shoulder could use some attention to make it look more...skeletony.

EDIT: 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:44:03 pm by EyeCraft »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 10:06:10 am

Just an alternate coloring, show'n ya' options (And on that note, I don't like the super bright ones). Take note that the pallete is just the added colors, there are three I'm using that are in the skeleton to the lefts pallete.
It kind of takes in Arne's color criticism. And I also I think teeth are important here.

Also, there are a lot of different ways to shade metal. Going from blue to dark blue isn't that interesting of one. I... accidentally changed the original's shadow color, but notice how mighty sexy shading the blue with a brown is here. My edit also has a purple buffer shade between the brown and blue.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline UncleSporky

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 03:27:34 pm
Oh, and I know my first palette was dull, I didn't intend for it to be the final color scheme anyway - I should've mentioned that.

Holy shit you didn't have to go and make it GOLD SKELETON, though! Unless... you want it gold, I guess.

Haha, I was thinking more of a yellowed, sandy skeleton, but as I added contrast and saturation (you guys are always on about contrast and saturation!) it did get really golden.  I don't find the idea of a solid gold skeleton terribly abhorrent either, but if nobody likes it I guess I should change it.

Arne, holy crap, that illustration is beautiful and is really the shape I was going for.  I'll have to remember about the reflecting colors saturating each other.

EyeCraft, that is a neat way to approach the ribcage which I wasn't even considering.  I think it gets lost in the background here but I like the design.

Sherman, while the cleaver was kind of an afterthought, your edit is fantastic.  The highlight on the tip adds the most, I really need to focus more on lighting.

Actually I may shelve this guy for a while to work on something bigger, but thanks a lot for all your comments and critiques thus far.