General > Commercial Critique

The CC suggestion thread.

(1/18) > >>

Panda:
Since we finally got our latest commercial critique up and running, that time has come again!
Your task will be simply to suggest games you would like to see featured on the next CCs.
The games can range from your favourite ones to those you had mixed feelings with, or simply the funkiest ones you have seen. Anything goes!
But before you reply, here are some guidelines:

- Please only suggest games where clean pixel perfect screenshots can be provided. (Otherwise it defeats the point of the CCs)
- If the game you are suggesting has different versions, please add any extral info needed for better recognition of the game you want (mention platform, year of publication etc)
- Do not repeat, second nor vote for an already suggested game on this thread for avoiding any confusion and mess. Once the time comes, we will set a poll for you to choose from.
- Do not chitchat here commenting about the games that have been suggested (unless if you are pointing out the lack of pixel art in a game, adding something constructive to them or similar cases), this thread should be solely for suggesting games.
- And of course, only suggest games with pixel art.

So, start posting!

Suggested games:

- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- Commander Keen 6
- Cruise for a Corpse
- Metal Slug
- Nosferatu
- Cosmo
- Prince of Persia
- Secret of Evermore
- Streets of Rage 2
- Kid Chameleon
- Lemmings
- Pitfall 95
- Pocky & Rocky
-The Misadventures of Flink
- Banshee
- Sigma Star Saga
- X-Men: The Official Game
- Justice League Heroes: The Flash
- Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
- Start Ocean - Blue Sphere
- Darkmere
- Cadaver
- Chuck Roll II
- Superfrog
- Wonder dog
- Ruff'n'Tumble
- Flashback
- Gods
- Lionheart
- Disposable Hero
- Project-X
- Super Ghouls and Ghosts (Arcade)
- Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
- Tales of Phantasia
- Slamtilt
- Dragon Quest III
- Manic Miner
- Super Contra
- Edward Randy
- Super Double Dragon
- Darkstalkers
- Cho Aniki
- Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou

Rosse:
My vote goes to the minish cap (gba zelda)

Gil:
I propose Commander Keen 6

This game has a lot of "bad" pixel art we can improve upon. It also uses a 16 colour palette which is nice to play around with. On top of that there's some really good stuff too (player animations for example)

Mr.Modem:
I'd say we go for an adventure game this time (or maybe some other game that isn't tile/sprite based).
My suggestion would (once again) be Cruise for a Corpse http://hol.abime.net/3134/screenshot
I think it has a really nice atmosphere and style that would be both fun to analyze and try to imitate.

Mental note: I should post here more often...

9_6:
Did you have metal slug yet?
If not, it's about time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version