AuthorTopic: [WIP]The blobs  (Read 23077 times)

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]The blobs

Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 02:52:41 am
Change your background color to the pink you're using for the BG and up the contrast on that outer line.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #61 on: June 12, 2007, 09:35:44 am
Then i took an edit on the animation itself.

-Krut
Excellent edit, Krut.

That is how I would go about with the animation (though, I probably wouldn't do as good as this).

Keep in mind the foreshortening; the leg nearest us should cover more distance than the leg behind.
Looking at Krut's edit, I'd say either make the leg nearest to us move forward more, or move backward less.

This is going somewhere. :y:
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #62 on: June 12, 2007, 10:07:30 am
Note on Krut's edit: I would remove the pause in between the walk when he stands still a few frames, looks a bit like a robot walk now. I don't think that's what Chig wants.
But if you remove the pause, I think it would look excellent.

yosh64

Reply #63 on: June 12, 2007, 10:12:33 am
hey

I just wanted to point out that I think chigsam was trying to go for a soft blob, rather than a hard pacman. I quite like your latest one, but I much prefer Krut's animation, which I think looks more like a blob. But yea, I think the animation is very important to give the character the feeling/illusion of a blob.

Ohh, and I would also have to agree with Opacus.

cyas

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Reply #64 on: June 12, 2007, 05:10:12 pm
Note on Krut's edit: I would remove the pause in between the walk when he stands still a few frames, looks a bit like a robot walk now. I don't think that's what Chig wants.
But if you remove the pause, I think it would look excellent.

That was basically my intention; I made him all chubby looking (reinforced by the little "bounce" on the body as he goes down) and the sumo wrestler-like walk; I tried giving him a very distinct personality, while trying to stay away from a more conventional, to force Chigsam to try his own take on the animation; a new personality.

Im not trying to give him what he wants; im trying to point him in the direction where he can do what he wants.

-Krut