AuthorTopic: Chibis & Shading C&C requested  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: Chibis & Shading C&C requested

Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 03:01:12 am

There you go, and for the heck of it, a little demon I've just been playing around with shades and coloration.

Just this thing that popped up in a dream I had the other night, the imagery stayed so I just tried to block out her shape. You can C&C that too if you like, but the Chibi is my main focus.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 03:43:15 am
Oh, and Draco's edit is really bad, don't pay attention to it...

This is the kinda crap that gets you reprimanded, Gil, so the next time you get warned by the admins, you won't have to ask if you're "really that much of an ass," because I'll tell you right now, you are. These comments are completely unnecessary, and only discourage members.

Zee, I think that one thing in general to work on is your use of the palette. For example the eyes on the alien... hooker, you use 2 shades that are almost completely identical, yet you only use 3 shades for the skin leaving it really harshly shaded. I'd suggest maybe bumping the colour count up to 4, 5, or even 6 for the skin and smooth out the basic form you have outlined.

Offline Zee

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 04:09:26 am

Smoother?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 04:13:28 am by Zee »

Offline Zee

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 02:43:11 pm
Is my chibi character alright now? Have I ironed out all the bugs in it? The demon thing was just a little fun to try something new, as I'm still more worried about getting the guy looking right.

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 10:19:55 am
you're chibi is still progress.

here is a quick edit to show the direction i would start heading and the reasoning.

1/ define a light source - you don't seem to have a definite one.

2/ check proportions and perspective - i know its chibi style but there are still glaring issues

3/ unify your palette - i used tones you've already got in new places and made the darkest tone a unified saturation level.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:22:14 am by willfaulds »