AuthorTopic: Hey Guys,  (Read 8176 times)

Offline Opal21

• View Profile

Hey Guys,

on: September 17, 2019, 05:31:43 pm
Hi everyone,
ufa
I Just wanted to ask a few questions, since I have no experience with creating a pixel art font out of an existing set of letters So far I always put the typography down on my own, however in a game environment and/or the graphics program it would be pretty cool to use the fonts I created earlier as files, so that I actually can write with them like with any other font. My problem is now that TTF files seem to be restricted to a single color (black) - which makes this file format useless for shaded or hand-AA'd font-types.

So is there another file type you can use to set pixel perfect sized and colored letters via keyboard?

Offline hANshOTtH3RD

• View Profile

Re: Hey Guys,

Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 03:45:51 am
Not sure if there is another solution, but what I would do(using GIMP) is import my desired font and copy+paste my text, then chose text-to-path, then path-to-selection, and finally bucket fill or copy-paste my texture/gradient/shading into my selection(might also try multiple layers if your going for a "3d" look).

...I guess if you are trying to do this in a game(or custom program), you will have to do some programing, starting with the edge-detection to get the outline of the font you are using...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:50:43 am by hANshOTtH3RD »