AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 44948 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #90 on: November 14, 2005, 09:45:14 pm

Also I got a skillz cube connection (gamepad-pc adaptor for gamecube), and it's amazingly cool.  Games are fun to play on a computer again!  I noticed my performance in Garou Densetsu and Metal Slug 2 and 3 went up, like, 70%.

I <3 the gamecube controller.

Cool, I have one of those Smart Joy PC Adaptors for a SNES controller. The keyboard simply cannot compare to a gamepad. Curious about your button setup though. I've found the gamecube's giant A button a little rough to use with games designed for the bendy part of your thumb to hit for shoot, while your tip would hit a button for jump. Then again, my only experience with a gamecube shooter is with Alien Hominid, and it makes such terrible use of the GC's buttons that it cannot be used as any sort sof comparison.

With the SNESPad I'm like a fucking God, though. I only die, like, 300 times per game in MS3 instead of the usual 1000.

EDIT:
For anyone who bashed Keita Takahashi for We love Katamari
I don't know anyone who's bashed him for WLK. Hell, reception has been really good on the sites I go to. I think the sequel was a good idea, the more money the publishers are making from it, the more likely they'll be to push more money onto Taka to make something else. It'd be silly to think that Namco wouldn't want to make use of this whole new(?) area of gameplay that has arisen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 10:06:43 pm by crab2selout.png »

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #91 on: November 14, 2005, 10:06:28 pm
For the past month or so, I couldn't decide which was the best way to invade Norway.

I originally thought that Sweeden would be the best launch site, since Norway and Sweeden share such a large land border.

Then I thought about using Denmark to set a sea based assault.

Of course, a combination of the two would mean garunteed victory and the perfect platform to launch my all-out assault on Europe.

However, it occures to me to go after Russia first, and I'll tell you why.

The destabilized Russian economy would make it easy for my computer software to cripple their import / export systems.  After seizing Russia as my only demand, I could use their massive arsenal to attack Finland, since they are so close.  With Finland in my grasp, sweeden is only a month away from being crippled by nuclear fallout.   Once I have sweeden, I will at that point have the man and machine power to easily overtake Denmark.  Now I have the two countries I needed to fullfill my destiny of capturing Norway.

I'm sorry I can't go into much more detail.  I obviously have to be a little secretive.  But this means that I get to take over Russia first, which will help me gain support as the the first wold ruler.  One day, I hope to use my power to create a world in my image.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #92 on: November 14, 2005, 10:10:25 pm
It's actually called Receptive Amusia.
Originally that is what I was told I was.  Having receptive amusia in the 2nd and possibly 3rd degree meaning I cannot memorize melodies and possibly rhythm and tempo problems.  Yet I can give back the base of the melody of some songs, which just seem to be at random, in beeps.  At that point my doctor thought that it wasn’t receptive amusia but some other case entitled audipolificency.  Meaning what would be song I hear as people reading fast; plus I hear and memorize some melodies, yet only in beeps or thumps not able to connect them to words.  Audipolificency is sort of a weaker version of receptive amusia affecting another section of the brain.
Side note for clarity: Receptive amusia is divided into 3 degrees
1 completely tone deaf
2 unable to recognize melodies
3 unable to recognize rhythm and tempo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 01:48:35 am by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #93 on: November 14, 2005, 10:49:59 pm
That would be a fate worse than death.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #94 on: November 15, 2005, 12:45:04 am

woot
Morgan is also a guys name, its called a bisexual name.  It is actually mine.
I also just found out I am the 5th registered Audipolific in the US.  Which basically means that I have the inability to listen to music and hear it as music.  I just hear words and random sounds.  Which someone will say that’s basically what music is which is untrue, music has a rhythm and a beat among other things.  Sigh...

That is not Morgan, tis Morganne >.> i'd say it's likely to be who we all want it to be.

and ouch@life to the music thing :x **listens to tetris theme**

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #95 on: November 15, 2005, 03:47:48 am
I originally thought that Sweeden would be the best launch site, since Norway and Sweeden share such a large land border.
Going through Sweden is the worst idea ever. Have you seen Sweden? Rolling hills and tall mountains. If they knew you were coming, your foot soldiers would be so screwed and your land vehicles wouldn't get through tight spots and steep inclines. Uh... I mean... I've never wondered about how to take over Norway...

That would be a fate worse than death.
No doubt. Not being able to enjoy music... I'd kill myself.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #96 on: November 15, 2005, 05:33:55 am
I would have to agree about the music thing.  Music is such a huge part of my life; I'm in choir, an a cappella group, and will be getting a minor in music.  Plus I play piano and compose.  I don't know what I'd do without music.  But I have to wonder: if I had never been able to appreciate music, would I miss it?  Somehow I doubt it.  But who knows?
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #97 on: November 15, 2005, 08:38:20 am
I often think to myself how awesome I am.  Therefore, I decided to write poetry about it in haiku form, or as I like to call it, haicool. 

I punched a small child
Their candy is my own now
I am the coolest

You just said something
I don't care what you just said
I am always right

I am so awesome
Everyone will know this
Victory is mine!

People think I'm cool
But some have bad attitudes
I know they're jealous.

You look up to me
I can not help what I am
I'm better than you.

I'll let you read more haikus later on.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:52:24 am by NyanNyanKoneko »

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #98 on: November 15, 2005, 04:24:54 pm
I would have to agree about the music thing.  Music is such a huge part of my life; I'm in choir, an a cappella group, and will be getting a minor in music.  Plus I play piano and compose.  I don't know what I'd do without music.  But I have to wonder: if I had never been able to appreciate music, would I miss it?  Somehow I doubt it.  But who knows?

My girlfriend goes to the conservatory of music, I asked her what that audiophelia or whatever it's called was, and she came back with that receptive thing.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #99 on: November 15, 2005, 08:34:19 pm
I’ll ask my physician the next time I see him.  Yet that might not be very soon due to the fact I just got my yearly physical last month.
PS its Audipolific.
Proud to be a BMS team: