AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 44962 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #70 on: November 11, 2005, 12:23:32 am
Honestly, who takes a sword to a burglary? Guns are both easier to conceal and make it easier for you to take more stuff. I really have to consider just getting a sword or something and training with it for defense of my home. An armed populace is a good thing. :)
I guess he thought he would look cool, well, I think he looks pretty cool sliced up like a bee-yotch.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #71 on: November 13, 2005, 08:22:25 am
Pandora is sex.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #72 on: November 13, 2005, 01:37:40 pm
I just bought Half Life 2 from Target.  Yet I can't play it because it says I must login before I play.  Yet because AOL is junk it wont connect.  Please someone please tell me a way to get around this?  A patch?  A hack?  A crack?  I dont care anymore!  I cant even return it to Target.  *cries to self*
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #73 on: November 13, 2005, 06:04:37 pm
download steam from www.counter-strike.net or whatever the site is, i believe that's the only way to connect via the internet using halflife and halflife based games.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: November 13, 2005, 08:54:38 pm
Anyone know of forums where i can get piece wage working on quick little projects for game developers who are looking to make money for themselves?

i.e:
"make 15 tiles for my mobile phone puzzle game, get 10$ "

<.<
just got paypal and i need to get the money train rolling to buy something...

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #75 on: November 13, 2005, 09:33:35 pm
No I have steam.  That hunk of junk came with the disk.  I got steam to update yet when try to login it wont connect.  Sigh... *continues to cry*

I still have no intention of ever playing Half Life 2 online or ever updating it.  Yet those brilliant people at valve seem to have forgot their Dial up and non internet connected audiences.  You must connect with valve at least once before you can unlock offline mode...  Yes...  I’m serious.  Also you must download the newest patch or version of the game you connect with.  Valve will automatically connect every time you are online.  If your game has been marked out of date you cannot play it offline or online until it is updated.  Brilliant.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:37:55 pm by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #76 on: November 13, 2005, 09:57:28 pm
That sucks so hard it's not even cool...

Went through the same shit actually. God, Steam sucks...

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #77 on: November 13, 2005, 09:59:59 pm
No I have steam.  That hunk of junk came with the disk.  I got steam to update yet when try to login it wont connect.  Sigh... *continues to cry*

I still have no intention of ever playing Half Life 2 online or ever updating it.  Yet those brilliant people at valve seem to have forgot their Dial up and non internet connected audiences.  You must connect with valve at least once before you can unlock offline mode...  Yes...  I’m serious.  Also you must download the newest patch or version of the game you connect with.  Valve will automatically connect every time you are online.  If your game has been marked out of date you cannot play it offline or online until it is updated.  Brilliant.

my suggestion to you is to look on either one of the torrent sites or packetnews.com for a hacked version of the game, and get the crack, or find someone who has a hacked version and get a crack. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of buying the game, but at least you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside for paying the $$ for it. BTW, it's an excellent game, single player version, i heard the multiplay makes it too easy for newbies.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Anonymous

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #78 on: November 13, 2005, 11:24:26 pm
Anyone know why my avatar is not showing up? Hm?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 11:26:10 pm by Anonymous »
No, sir.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #79 on: November 13, 2005, 11:37:56 pm
too big?