AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 44958 times)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #60 on: November 08, 2005, 10:52:47 pm
No it came from an old N64 game Jet Force Gemini.  With a dog named Lupus and a snowboarding game for the N64 entitled 1080Snowboarding.  Haloman2x was Halo: CE and Tony Hawk 2x, two games for the Xbox.  Scrtcwlvl is Secret Cow Level from Diablo 2.  BrotherInWar was when I played CallOfDuty yet by the time I got the name I stopped playing and I got sick of people asking to play me.  MoonParsec was 2 games on the TI99-4A Moon Miner and Parsec.  There was more but these where the ones that were used the most.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #61 on: November 08, 2005, 11:06:48 pm
My nick is and has always been Gilberreke, or Gil, which is just an abbreviation. I started using Gil all the time, cause it's stronger, easier to pronounce, and people would stop abbreviating it to Gilb, which is a horrible nick.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #62 on: November 09, 2005, 12:29:18 am
Isn't that a disease?
Google sasys it is. Something about the body becoming allergic to itself. I'm guessing that this is not a good kind of allergy

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #63 on: November 09, 2005, 02:33:36 am
I play video game back to 79 in my collection... My TI99-4A runs faster than my Xbox yet just about tied with my N64... Ahh cartridges... the good ol' days with no load times.  Don't say THPS American Wasteland, cus that game is queer..
So if you don't remember games I'm talking about don't fret.  I'm old school yo...
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #64 on: November 09, 2005, 07:23:13 am
not to get all morbid on you guys, but yeah, Lupus is a disease. My step-mother has it. It's pretty nasty stuff. She's off on disability from it and has to take copious amounts of meds to keep the pain at bay.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #65 on: November 09, 2005, 05:57:46 pm
I remember JFG. I never did finish the game, though. It took way too long to scour all the planets for those annoying tribals. Great multi-player bouts, though. Lupus was my favorite chararcter...too bad he became a disease. Fond memories...
*Drifts away*

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: November 10, 2005, 04:48:19 am
Homeowner kills armed intruder with a sword!!
http://smh.com.au/upload/news/national/home-invasion-victim-kills-intruder-with-sword/2005/11/02/1130823244405.html?oneclick=true
You gotta read this, it's so awesome. Two guys -one with a gun, the other a sword- walked into a home to burgle the people living there. While this happened, the homeowner managed to grab the sword off the one guy, and used it to slice the idiot up. He then used the sword to kick the ass of the guy with the gun.

It's a typical news story presenting all the facts and stuff, but I got so pumped reading the article. It's not everyday you get to hear about somebody going ninja on a criminal.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: November 10, 2005, 01:43:56 pm
Honestly, who takes a sword to a burglary? Guns are both easier to conceal and make it easier for you to take more stuff. I really have to consider just getting a sword or something and training with it for defense of my home. An armed populace is a good thing. :)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #68 on: November 10, 2005, 06:35:10 pm
I’ve been working on an ISO rendition of the 04-05 FIRST field.  To show I can and I should be the one drawing the new 05-06 field when we are told what it is.  I have resolved that tetrahedrons are a pain to make in ISO even still I’ve managed to created a rough base.  Not enough to make a new topic yet I would like some comments.  The red boxes and lines are for scale. 
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: November 10, 2005, 11:38:13 pm
Ah, simple and cuddly.

I love this new avatar :D