AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 44960 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

on: October 30, 2005, 02:54:47 am
You're welcome to talk about anything, including how well or how poorly the officers are conducting themselves; this is the off-topic thread. Keep it clean!

• Halloween time!1! Have fun, if you're celebrating. Be safe, and acquisition a great portion of sweets! Candy is my master. XvX

• Have you pixelled lately? Don't be a rusty tool.  :D

• I think this year has been especially good as far as the different channels airing lots of scary movies. Have any favorites?

Time for the OTness.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:44:25 pm by Peppermint Pig »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 03:22:00 am
noes! evil candy.. :(

natural whole foods are teh way to go.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 03:23:34 am by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 04:31:39 am
Does anyone remember that competition from IGN that Sals introduced? If so, who is the guy that did the concept art for the sprites we had to do? I'd appreciate if someone told me, because i've completely forgotten who it was, and i'd like to look at his arts. :-[
@darionmccoy

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 04:48:30 am
foo swee chin?  Such good stuff in there.

I have been watching tons of scary stuff lately.  I just finished the evil dead trilogy last week (well, army of darkness wasn't exactly scary), and watched "within the woods" (a sort of evil dead spiritual prequel) as well.  I  just watched Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead last night.  They are amazing movies, and I now consider them to be among my all-time favorites.

I've also been playing my way through some scary games lately, like Undying, Eternal Darkness, and Resident Evil 4.  Whenever I feel like slacking off in class I play IF; I did another playthrough of Shade in speech class last thursday, and I started my first game of Anchorhead, which is a horror game.  According to a review of it I read, it's more than just a little colored by Lovecraft's legends, which is cool.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 05:00:14 am

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 12:45:32 pm
Undying is a good game! I finished it last month sometime.

I should make a new avatar...

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 03:48:24 pm
I'm working on a new one for myself... might debut it on halloween yet if I get one more chain letter I might only have one phone call... Killing is bad, think of it in the other persons shoes.  Dying would totally ruin your week.

BUY Indigo Prophecy It is amazing!  I beat in in 15 hours in the course of 3 days but it is worth it!  Second thought... rent it and beat it over the weekend.  Not much replay value.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 10:03:33 pm
Nice, but I liked it better when it wasn't animated. You can't see the prettiness now. :(

Here, I remember your old avatar liked bouncing so I made it animate like that, except I added a bunch of (unnecessary?)secondary animation.

See? Now we can see the prettiness just fine. :p

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 02:12:15 pm
Omgwdf I wake up today (Halloween) and was so fricking sick I couldnt go to school, and now my 'rent says I can't pass out candy with my older brother. Bullskid. And I had to take four pills. That where huge.  :(
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 11:55:21 pm
Omgwdf I wake up today (Halloween) and was so fricking sick I couldnt go to school, and now my 'rent says I can't pass out candy with my older brother. Bullskid. And I had to take four pills. That where huge.  :(

Cry me a river.

Me and my friend were messing around, and his shoe flew off and hit me in the face. My nose is broken (well, it has been since last Wednesday, but I just found out today.)

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 03:31:47 am
i didn't go out and i didn't get any candy.

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 05:44:17 am
I spent all day today drawing a self-portrait made of text. (look for pictures in the OT creativity thread soon)

Also I got up to the boss of the volcano world in pac-land 2.

And I found out the controller I got from ebay is defective.  ARRGH.

I also played some Spider and Web.  It's so amazingly unbelievably awesome (it truly unfolds the potential of IF as both a story-telling and interactive medium), but I'm stuck in front of the lab doorway.  Hmm.

So, my day has not been particularly halloween-y.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 10:43:19 am
I also played some Spider and Web.  It's so amazingly unbelievably awesome (it truly unfolds the potential of IF as both a story-telling and interactive medium), but I'm stuck in front of the lab doorway.  Hmm.

there's a lot of ways to get through. Experiment, get the feedback from the agent when you mess it up. The puzzles in spider and web aren't very sticky, to make a bad pun. Excellent game.

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 08:01:19 pm
Quote from: Zolthorg
i didn't go out and i didn't get any candy.
You weren't the only one, it was absolutely deserted last night. There were barely any trick-or-treaters where I lived. Did anyone else find that the number of people out for halloween had significantly dropped this year?

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 08:40:42 pm
Yes.  I had a total of 6 trick-or-treaters arrive at my house as compared to last years 45.  Good for me because I get all the leftover candy!  When you don't go trick-or-treating its all you get... :(
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 09:39:24 pm
only had one come to our house..

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 10:27:50 pm
yes the spirit of halloween has left most of the people of the world, this isn't the fist time i've ever heard it...
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 11:24:22 pm
yes the spirit of halloween has left most of the people of the world,
This is sad. Funny how it seems to have tanked so quickly, I've noticed participation creeping down over the last couple of years, but I was shocked at the drop for this year.

this isn't the fist time i've ever heard it...
Elaborate, please?

And since halloween is over, guess I'll change my avatar.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 12:11:03 am
I dig that, crab.  Have you got an online gallery or something?  I've always dug your stuff, but I haven't seen much of it.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 12:19:27 am
yes the spirit of halloween has left most of the people of the world,
This is sad. Funny how it seems to have tanked so quickly, I've noticed participation creeping down over the last couple of years, but I was shocked at the drop for this year.

this isn't the fist time i've ever heard it...
Elaborate, please?

And since halloween is over, guess I'll change my avatar.

i mean, that on other forums that i go to talk about this also, so it's not only us
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 12:30:22 am
What I just can't understand is why the spirit on halloween seems to be dimishing the way it is. I mean, how can anyone say no to a holiday devoted to dressing up in outlandish costumes and having everyone give you free sugar to gorge yourself on? :'(

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 12:48:46 am
Hehe, to make some stickers, I ordered 50 postage labels from DHL

Or at least I thought it was 50. Turns out it was 50 sheets of 4. My mom is pissed.

Hehe, just wait until the 100 sheets from USPS arrive XD

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 02:25:18 am
What I just can't understand is why the spirit on halloween seems to be dimishing the way it is. I mean, how can anyone say no to a holiday devoted to dressing up in outlandish costumes and having everyone give you free sugar to gorge yourself on? :'(
I think it might have to do with some pretty negative things going on in the media and the world at the moment. Some things that have come to mind are the scares over the past couple of years about people finding razer blades in their candy and large media attention directed towards stories of children being kidnapped. I also think the media obsession with fattie children and how we all need to banish fats from our diets, probably made some parents feel like keeping their kids at home this year. I was talking to my Dad about this, and he thought that the terrorist attacks as of late are also likely playing a role in these declining numbers as well.

I dig that, crab. Have you got an online gallery or something? I've always dug your stuff, but I haven't seen much of it.
Nah, no gallery. I've only been doing this pixel thing for a little over a year now, so I haven't built of much of a gallery to show. To illustrate my point, here's one of my firstl pixeled pieces, and here's something I finished recently
old==
new==
Still got a ton to learn, but I think I've improved quite a bit. You can see, at this point, a gallery would more likely result in embarassment than flattery :-[
Glad to see I've got a fan, though. I keep telling myself that I'm improving, so it's nice to actually hear it from someone else for once. :) I have been meaning to post a zombie RPG tileset for crits, but I keep redoing it everytime I find a flaw that irks me. When I do get around to posting, it there should be a bunch of stuff to look at like: zombie walk animations, vehicles, people walk animation, portraits and of course the tiles.

Offline monkeysquat

• Deje el mundo cambiarle, y puedes cambiar el mundo
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 02:30:18 am
I  just watched Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead last night.  They are amazing movies, and I now consider them to be among my all-time favorites.
Shaun of the Dead is my all-time favorite movie  :P. I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead or the two other old Romero zombie flicks, but I did watch Land of the Dead recently. That movie was... amazing. In my opinion, it's the best serious zombie movie (Shaun of the Dead being the best general zombie movie, of course  ::)). I was cheering for the zombies.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 07:16:34 pm
Those're nice, crab.  I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Heh, we all suck when we start out, more or less.  I think we should have another of those posts where everyone posts some of their first work and their lastest/best.  Or, a challenge where everyone revamps their old work, like they had on Latent Medium once.

Offline Overkill

• View Profile
    • i make video games

Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 08:17:14 pm
Hey! Someone (I suspect Kael/Hiretsukan) changed my name to "Overkill, stinky VERGE user"! That hurt. I have a delicate musk, not stink. ;__;

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 10:31:44 pm
yes the spirit of halloween has left most of the people of the world, this isn't the fist time i've ever heard it...

Really?  I thought it was just because I was older and was participating in the halloween festivities less and less.

rumors of razorblades and kidnappings have been around since forever.

Not trying to troll or anything (honest), but maybe the rise of the religious right and halloween's latent paganism have something to do with this perceived decline?
rip ninjalicious

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: November 03, 2005, 12:07:03 am
Heh, speaking of religious right, are televangelists getting crazier? I don't get cable in my room, so I end up watching either UPN or the christian channels. I saw one preacher with an eyepatch saying that "pokemen are the second birth of SATAN! If you send me money, I will singlehandedly take down this blatant front to god."

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #28 on: November 03, 2005, 12:19:30 am
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been trying to get a new job, and the job hunt has been taking up all my time. Fortunately today I got the most exciting news that NAMCO is interested in my artwork and is either interested in having me work as a art director under their mobile division or a marketing director ( setting up booths for E3, creating print and web campaigns, etc.. ) so we'll see what happens, sounds like a dream job. Whats everyone else up to around here?

Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 12:33:16 am

Really?  I thought it was just because I was older and was participating in the halloween festivities less and less.

rumors of razorblades and kidnappings have been around since forever.

Not trying to troll or anything (honest), but maybe the rise of the religious right and halloween's latent paganism have something to do with this perceived decline?
I don't think the pagan link is too much of a problem, religion has been around for a while now and beliefs have been a lot more hardcore than what we see now. If halloween didn't die then, then I don't think it's going to be killed all of a sudden now.

My parents are pretty religious and they often raise objections to things they would associate with the devil like horror movies or Harry Potter for example, but they have little problems with halloween. I think they recognise that for the majority it's simply a junk food, dressin' up once-a-year tradition. There might be some people who treat it seriously, but they recognise that these people are a tiny minority. The only thing that really bothers them is having to get up to hand out candy every minute.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been trying to get a new job, and the job hunt has been taking up all my time. Fortunately today I got the most exciting news that NAMCO is interested in my artwork and is either interested in having me work as a art director under their mobile division or a marketing director ( setting up booths for E3, creating print and web campaigns, etc.. ) so we'll see what happens, sounds like a dream job. Whats everyone else up to around here?
Sounds like a great job, dogmeat, hope you get it..

and...

if your not too busy...

maybe you could help sneak me into E3 come next year ;)

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 12:39:40 am
well i didn't go out because of homework <_<

next year will see a huge surge i guarentee it, <_< >_> people will remember how depressing this halloween was :)

i'm going as link i think, nothink beats la link.

(i drawed that and used dat ther paint.net to "vectorize" it LOL)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #31 on: November 03, 2005, 03:52:10 am
Hello, Jello!
I'm back! After having my internet unexpectedly cut off, my family decided to finally perform a much talked-about move to the Golden State. So, we packed up and hauled off, headed west. So, as you might expect, I had no access to the internet, much less a computer for a few weeks.
But now, I'm back! Back, back, back, back, back! Man I missed these pixels.

To all the newcomers in the past few weeks: Hello.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #32 on: November 03, 2005, 04:18:02 am
Where you at in the "golden state" ( who calls it that anymore grandpa? ) I'm in SF if you wanna get a beer or something.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 04:40:17 am
I frequent Japantown in SF (for the food). If you're ever traversing through, there's a good chance that you'll see me.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #34 on: November 03, 2005, 05:01:49 am
Japantown is ok for Japanese food, my girlfriend is japanese, and we go there mostly to get supplies that are otherwise unaccessable at the Korean markets. Monsoon, do you live in SF too? maybe we should get a beer :D
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 05:17:53 am
In Benicia, just north of San Fran. For the moment, at least.
Where you at in the "golden state" ( who calls it that anymore grandpa? ) I'm in SF if you wanna get a beer or something.
I'm not old enough to drive, much less drink, you whippersnapper, you.
I frequent Japantown in SF (for the food). If you're ever traversing through, there's a good chance that you'll see me.
Haven't been there yet. I'm still trippin' out about the fact that it's warm enough to wear a T-shirt outside at night on the first of november.

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 07:07:51 am
Monsoon, do you live in SF too? maybe we should get a beer :D
Quote from: Dogmeat
I'm in SF if you wanna get a beer or something.

You seem quite intent on getting a beer.

Hey, I need a topic on which to give a persuasive speech.  Anyone have any ideas for me?  All I can think of is politics and I FRACKING (I wish we could swear here) HATE POLITICS.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: November 03, 2005, 09:45:04 am
Hey, I need a topic on which to give a persuasive speech.  Anyone have any ideas for me?  All I can think of is politics and I FRACKING (I wish we could swear here) HATE POLITICS.
People have ways of turning things political and I'm having a hard time thinking of a good topic to give a persuasive speech on without it being inane.

Monkeys VS Robots
Pirates VS Ninjas
Mega Bloks VS LEGO
Wolverine VS a Mother bear protecting her cubs
Waldo VS Odlaw
Talk Soup VS The Soup
Adam Sessler VS Morgan Webb
Toilet Paper: How should it hang?
Why people should wear clothes? Or not?
Why are so many movies sucky? Persuasion for not going to the theater.
Persuade people as to why they should not listen to political media??
Persuade people to not follow a political party blindly, or that dems and reps are indistinguishable??
A persuasive speech about loss of liberty and why you should fight for your rights??

Good luck.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #38 on: November 03, 2005, 11:26:31 am
structure your speech as if it was a input/output text adventure

>Move american political scenery to the left

There is no exit to the left.

>List exits.

Exits are: down.

Oh boy.

>You don't need a term such as 'Oh' to finish this term in office.

>Score.

You have 23 out of the possible 1324235423624717794734-0245681756-7815=681542=54096 points. Your current rank is: fucked.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #39 on: November 03, 2005, 03:23:13 pm
Monsoon, do you live in SF too? maybe we should get a beer :D
Quote from: Dogmeat
I'm in SF if you wanna get a beer or something.

You seem quite intent on getting a beer.

Honestly, I haven't had a beer in 2 months. I don't drink that much, but having RL friends is a good thing. Beer just happens to be a catalyst amongst men to create such friendships.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #40 on: November 03, 2005, 09:30:57 pm
Another some to add to that list:
Why do most movie video games suck?
Why do most comic video games suck?
Does D.A.R.E. secretly stand for Drugs Against Republicans and the E is silent?

To answer some of them:

Monkeys VS Robots... Robots indefinitely, monkeys get hit by cars, robots throw cars
Pirates VS Ninjas... Pirates, ninjas really are so old
Mega Blocks VS LEGO... Honestly Mega Blocks because you get more model for your dollar.  When you buy LEGOs your buying them to recreate a movie scene and you get these stupid minifigs.
Wolverine VS a Mother bear protecting her cubs... Mother bear, because I have morals
Waldo VS Odlaw... Waldo, even though Odlaw is Waldo backwards who in the world is named Odlaw?
Talk Soup VS The Soup... The soup
Adam Sessler VS Morgan Webb... Adam Sessler, because he’s funny in real life while Morgan reads from the prompter.
Toilet Paper: How should it hang? Roll facing the toilet for easy access.

Women spend 12 mins a day thinking about politics while men average only 6.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: November 03, 2005, 10:04:11 pm
Women spend 12 mins a day thinking about politics while men average only 6.
That would be so funny in a Scandinavian language.

I gotta use it sometime.

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 05:50:00 am
Japantown is ok for Japanese food, my girlfriend is japanese, and we go there mostly to get supplies that are otherwise unaccessable at the Korean markets. Monsoon, do you live in SF too? maybe we should get a beer :D

I live in Santa Rosa, which is about 45 minutes north. I haven't driven through SF in a while due to an insane work schedule, but in a few weeks, I plan on making the trips more frequent. (Weekly.) Next time I'm headed that direction, I'll shoot you a message.

Offline Grops

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: November 04, 2005, 07:54:29 am
Im bored... and I need to get into the swing of teh art. Anyone wanna do a coldlab or somethin', yeah art art art. So the German swallowed a giant rabbit today, raindow is food of the jackalopes. I have nothing more to say. Pm if intrested. I love the ladies. And the ladies love me back. Ok ill shut the crap up.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #44 on: November 04, 2005, 04:48:52 pm
Grops, I'll do a collab with you. I kinda wnana do something too to get into the grove again. What kind of collab do you wanna do? AIM me or PM me and we'll discuss.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #45 on: November 06, 2005, 03:56:13 pm

Yes!  Team 25 Raider Robotics dominated Ramp Riot with 6 straight victories straight through the finals.  It was a hard fought set of battles and we seeded 5th of 33 teams after the morning rounds with 4 wins and 1 loss. Ultimately we chose an alliance with Haverford Robotics 848, MOE 365 and the Pascack Pioneers 1676. We first knocked out the #5 alliance and then the #1 alliance - a killer set with Rage twin machines and 222.
In the finals we went up against Cybersonics (2 robots) and their partner. And we swept the elims without a loss.
The drive team also put up a 101 pt match, which was the highest in the tournament, right after lunch.
I love my Team!
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: November 06, 2005, 11:47:43 pm
FIRST Robotics or FIRST Lego League?

edit:

??? ??? ??? at post below.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 04:06:14 am by Sawtooth »
rip ninjalicious

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #47 on: November 07, 2005, 12:02:06 am
Read the sig, you got pwned!

I'm Talan, so yalls can suck it.

BTW, I think I accidentally sticky-fied this topic.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #48 on: November 07, 2005, 02:14:28 am
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/

saw a commercial for this on cartoon network, where some cards are actual ships and you build them into a 3d model, has anyone played this, it looks really cool.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #49 on: November 07, 2005, 05:57:03 pm
FIRST Robotics. 
As to dogmeat I've seen those at Blockbuster and even two people playing it I would like to try them yet all the cashiers at the stores that sell em know me...  Oh well perhaps I can get them online.

Edit: Dude evan you know Laguna is scripted, right?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 06:00:08 pm by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #50 on: November 07, 2005, 07:02:43 pm
Laguna beach is so retarded.
@darionmccoy

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #51 on: November 08, 2005, 12:25:56 am
Laguna beach is so retarded.

roooooooofl
alexander

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #52 on: November 08, 2005, 12:28:11 am
Edit: Dude evan you know Laguna is scripted, right?

1) Yes
2) I don't watch it (it was a stupid quiz me and my friend Turner took after browing the gayest things in the world: myspace's)
3) Change your name back to Haloman2x
4) Goto 1

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #53 on: November 08, 2005, 02:15:15 am
Never, I don't want to go back!  Hey you changed your name so why can't I... well shortened it..
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #54 on: November 08, 2005, 02:35:24 am
Never, I don't want to go back!  Hey you changed your name so why can't I... well shortened it..

Fine, I shortened mine, you shortened yours.

Change name to Haloman.

Or I'll ban you.

I have that power.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #55 on: November 08, 2005, 03:05:28 am
huh?

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: November 08, 2005, 07:56:19 am
Oh, let him have his delusional fun.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #57 on: November 08, 2005, 12:37:33 pm
If I'm going back to Haloman I should go all the way back... Back to Lupus360... Heck even to MoonParsec50.  The point is I am a different person now, and thus a different login.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #58 on: November 08, 2005, 05:34:03 pm
I like Lupus...

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #59 on: November 08, 2005, 09:14:40 pm
Isn't that a disease?
rip ninjalicious

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #60 on: November 08, 2005, 10:52:47 pm
No it came from an old N64 game Jet Force Gemini.  With a dog named Lupus and a snowboarding game for the N64 entitled 1080Snowboarding.  Haloman2x was Halo: CE and Tony Hawk 2x, two games for the Xbox.  Scrtcwlvl is Secret Cow Level from Diablo 2.  BrotherInWar was when I played CallOfDuty yet by the time I got the name I stopped playing and I got sick of people asking to play me.  MoonParsec was 2 games on the TI99-4A Moon Miner and Parsec.  There was more but these where the ones that were used the most.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #61 on: November 08, 2005, 11:06:48 pm
My nick is and has always been Gilberreke, or Gil, which is just an abbreviation. I started using Gil all the time, cause it's stronger, easier to pronounce, and people would stop abbreviating it to Gilb, which is a horrible nick.

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: November 09, 2005, 12:29:18 am
Isn't that a disease?
Google sasys it is. Something about the body becoming allergic to itself. I'm guessing that this is not a good kind of allergy

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #63 on: November 09, 2005, 02:33:36 am
I play video game back to 79 in my collection... My TI99-4A runs faster than my Xbox yet just about tied with my N64... Ahh cartridges... the good ol' days with no load times.  Don't say THPS American Wasteland, cus that game is queer..
So if you don't remember games I'm talking about don't fret.  I'm old school yo...
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #64 on: November 09, 2005, 07:23:13 am
not to get all morbid on you guys, but yeah, Lupus is a disease. My step-mother has it. It's pretty nasty stuff. She's off on disability from it and has to take copious amounts of meds to keep the pain at bay.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #65 on: November 09, 2005, 05:57:46 pm
I remember JFG. I never did finish the game, though. It took way too long to scour all the planets for those annoying tribals. Great multi-player bouts, though. Lupus was my favorite chararcter...too bad he became a disease. Fond memories...
*Drifts away*

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: November 10, 2005, 04:48:19 am
Homeowner kills armed intruder with a sword!!
http://smh.com.au/upload/news/national/home-invasion-victim-kills-intruder-with-sword/2005/11/02/1130823244405.html?oneclick=true
You gotta read this, it's so awesome. Two guys -one with a gun, the other a sword- walked into a home to burgle the people living there. While this happened, the homeowner managed to grab the sword off the one guy, and used it to slice the idiot up. He then used the sword to kick the ass of the guy with the gun.

It's a typical news story presenting all the facts and stuff, but I got so pumped reading the article. It's not everyday you get to hear about somebody going ninja on a criminal.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: November 10, 2005, 01:43:56 pm
Honestly, who takes a sword to a burglary? Guns are both easier to conceal and make it easier for you to take more stuff. I really have to consider just getting a sword or something and training with it for defense of my home. An armed populace is a good thing. :)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #68 on: November 10, 2005, 06:35:10 pm
I’ve been working on an ISO rendition of the 04-05 FIRST field.  To show I can and I should be the one drawing the new 05-06 field when we are told what it is.  I have resolved that tetrahedrons are a pain to make in ISO even still I’ve managed to created a rough base.  Not enough to make a new topic yet I would like some comments.  The red boxes and lines are for scale. 
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: November 10, 2005, 11:38:13 pm
Ah, simple and cuddly.

I love this new avatar :D

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #70 on: November 11, 2005, 12:23:32 am
Honestly, who takes a sword to a burglary? Guns are both easier to conceal and make it easier for you to take more stuff. I really have to consider just getting a sword or something and training with it for defense of my home. An armed populace is a good thing. :)
I guess he thought he would look cool, well, I think he looks pretty cool sliced up like a bee-yotch.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #71 on: November 13, 2005, 08:22:25 am
Pandora is sex.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #72 on: November 13, 2005, 01:37:40 pm
I just bought Half Life 2 from Target.  Yet I can't play it because it says I must login before I play.  Yet because AOL is junk it wont connect.  Please someone please tell me a way to get around this?  A patch?  A hack?  A crack?  I dont care anymore!  I cant even return it to Target.  *cries to self*
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #73 on: November 13, 2005, 06:04:37 pm
download steam from www.counter-strike.net or whatever the site is, i believe that's the only way to connect via the internet using halflife and halflife based games.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: November 13, 2005, 08:54:38 pm
Anyone know of forums where i can get piece wage working on quick little projects for game developers who are looking to make money for themselves?

i.e:
"make 15 tiles for my mobile phone puzzle game, get 10$ "

<.<
just got paypal and i need to get the money train rolling to buy something...

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #75 on: November 13, 2005, 09:33:35 pm
No I have steam.  That hunk of junk came with the disk.  I got steam to update yet when try to login it wont connect.  Sigh... *continues to cry*

I still have no intention of ever playing Half Life 2 online or ever updating it.  Yet those brilliant people at valve seem to have forgot their Dial up and non internet connected audiences.  You must connect with valve at least once before you can unlock offline mode...  Yes...  I’m serious.  Also you must download the newest patch or version of the game you connect with.  Valve will automatically connect every time you are online.  If your game has been marked out of date you cannot play it offline or online until it is updated.  Brilliant.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:37:55 pm by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #76 on: November 13, 2005, 09:57:28 pm
That sucks so hard it's not even cool...

Went through the same shit actually. God, Steam sucks...

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #77 on: November 13, 2005, 09:59:59 pm
No I have steam.  That hunk of junk came with the disk.  I got steam to update yet when try to login it wont connect.  Sigh... *continues to cry*

I still have no intention of ever playing Half Life 2 online or ever updating it.  Yet those brilliant people at valve seem to have forgot their Dial up and non internet connected audiences.  You must connect with valve at least once before you can unlock offline mode...  Yes...  I’m serious.  Also you must download the newest patch or version of the game you connect with.  Valve will automatically connect every time you are online.  If your game has been marked out of date you cannot play it offline or online until it is updated.  Brilliant.

my suggestion to you is to look on either one of the torrent sites or packetnews.com for a hacked version of the game, and get the crack, or find someone who has a hacked version and get a crack. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of buying the game, but at least you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside for paying the $$ for it. BTW, it's an excellent game, single player version, i heard the multiplay makes it too easy for newbies.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Anonymous

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #78 on: November 13, 2005, 11:24:26 pm
Anyone know why my avatar is not showing up? Hm?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 11:26:10 pm by Anonymous »
No, sir.

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #79 on: November 13, 2005, 11:37:56 pm
too big?

Offline Anonymous

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #80 on: November 14, 2005, 12:35:56 am
Dag, yo.
No, sir.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #81 on: November 14, 2005, 03:02:41 am

woot

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #82 on: November 14, 2005, 03:04:14 am
i just realized... 120 posts, and i guarentee that at least 110 are in offtopic threads.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #83 on: November 14, 2005, 03:22:11 am
Time for some in-depth crits to make it up then Zolthorg :)

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #84 on: November 14, 2005, 05:57:02 am
i just realized... 120 posts, and i guarentee that at least 110 are in offtopic threads.

Actually so far it's only 97 posts.  So... okay!

Also I got a skillz cube connection (gamepad-pc adaptor for gamecube), and it's amazingly cool.  Games are fun to play on a computer again!  I noticed my performance in Garou Densetsu and Metal Slug 2 and 3 went up, like, 70%.

I <3 the gamecube controller.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #85 on: November 14, 2005, 05:47:46 pm
For anyone who bashed Keita Takahashi for We love Katamari

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3145622

"He didn't want to make a sequel to Katamari, and agreed to only after Namco said it would proceed with plans without him if necessary."

he just couldnt bear have an stranger juice out his creation, he prefered to make sure the sequel would be done well.

Poor fellow =/ I feel so raped to find out about this. he's like the holy grail of game designers

the guy just got in and he's already got a date by which he'll leave.You can get no better metaphore of the status of game designing than that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 05:54:40 pm by Camus »

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #86 on: November 14, 2005, 06:08:16 pm
That is sad Camus. Time for an email campaign to persuade Namco to do the right thing. :P

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #87 on: November 14, 2005, 08:17:40 pm

woot
Morgan is also a guys name, its called a bisexual name.  It is actually mine.
I also just found out I am the 5th registered Audipolific in the US.  Which basically means that I have the inability to listen to music and hear it as music.  I just hear words and random sounds.  Which someone will say that’s basically what music is which is untrue, music has a rhythm and a beat among other things.  Sigh...
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Anonymous

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #88 on: November 14, 2005, 08:42:42 pm
http://www.freelineskates.com/index.html

Those things look kickass, man.
No, sir.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #89 on: November 14, 2005, 09:15:54 pm
It's actually called Receptive Amusia.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #90 on: November 14, 2005, 09:45:14 pm

Also I got a skillz cube connection (gamepad-pc adaptor for gamecube), and it's amazingly cool.  Games are fun to play on a computer again!  I noticed my performance in Garou Densetsu and Metal Slug 2 and 3 went up, like, 70%.

I <3 the gamecube controller.

Cool, I have one of those Smart Joy PC Adaptors for a SNES controller. The keyboard simply cannot compare to a gamepad. Curious about your button setup though. I've found the gamecube's giant A button a little rough to use with games designed for the bendy part of your thumb to hit for shoot, while your tip would hit a button for jump. Then again, my only experience with a gamecube shooter is with Alien Hominid, and it makes such terrible use of the GC's buttons that it cannot be used as any sort sof comparison.

With the SNESPad I'm like a fucking God, though. I only die, like, 300 times per game in MS3 instead of the usual 1000.

EDIT:
For anyone who bashed Keita Takahashi for We love Katamari
I don't know anyone who's bashed him for WLK. Hell, reception has been really good on the sites I go to. I think the sequel was a good idea, the more money the publishers are making from it, the more likely they'll be to push more money onto Taka to make something else. It'd be silly to think that Namco wouldn't want to make use of this whole new(?) area of gameplay that has arisen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 10:06:43 pm by crab2selout.png »

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #91 on: November 14, 2005, 10:06:28 pm
For the past month or so, I couldn't decide which was the best way to invade Norway.

I originally thought that Sweeden would be the best launch site, since Norway and Sweeden share such a large land border.

Then I thought about using Denmark to set a sea based assault.

Of course, a combination of the two would mean garunteed victory and the perfect platform to launch my all-out assault on Europe.

However, it occures to me to go after Russia first, and I'll tell you why.

The destabilized Russian economy would make it easy for my computer software to cripple their import / export systems.  After seizing Russia as my only demand, I could use their massive arsenal to attack Finland, since they are so close.  With Finland in my grasp, sweeden is only a month away from being crippled by nuclear fallout.   Once I have sweeden, I will at that point have the man and machine power to easily overtake Denmark.  Now I have the two countries I needed to fullfill my destiny of capturing Norway.

I'm sorry I can't go into much more detail.  I obviously have to be a little secretive.  But this means that I get to take over Russia first, which will help me gain support as the the first wold ruler.  One day, I hope to use my power to create a world in my image.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #92 on: November 14, 2005, 10:10:25 pm
It's actually called Receptive Amusia.
Originally that is what I was told I was.  Having receptive amusia in the 2nd and possibly 3rd degree meaning I cannot memorize melodies and possibly rhythm and tempo problems.  Yet I can give back the base of the melody of some songs, which just seem to be at random, in beeps.  At that point my doctor thought that it wasn’t receptive amusia but some other case entitled audipolificency.  Meaning what would be song I hear as people reading fast; plus I hear and memorize some melodies, yet only in beeps or thumps not able to connect them to words.  Audipolificency is sort of a weaker version of receptive amusia affecting another section of the brain.
Side note for clarity: Receptive amusia is divided into 3 degrees
1 completely tone deaf
2 unable to recognize melodies
3 unable to recognize rhythm and tempo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 01:48:35 am by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #93 on: November 14, 2005, 10:49:59 pm
That would be a fate worse than death.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #94 on: November 15, 2005, 12:45:04 am

woot
Morgan is also a guys name, its called a bisexual name.  It is actually mine.
I also just found out I am the 5th registered Audipolific in the US.  Which basically means that I have the inability to listen to music and hear it as music.  I just hear words and random sounds.  Which someone will say that’s basically what music is which is untrue, music has a rhythm and a beat among other things.  Sigh...

That is not Morgan, tis Morganne >.> i'd say it's likely to be who we all want it to be.

and ouch@life to the music thing :x **listens to tetris theme**

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #95 on: November 15, 2005, 03:47:48 am
I originally thought that Sweeden would be the best launch site, since Norway and Sweeden share such a large land border.
Going through Sweden is the worst idea ever. Have you seen Sweden? Rolling hills and tall mountains. If they knew you were coming, your foot soldiers would be so screwed and your land vehicles wouldn't get through tight spots and steep inclines. Uh... I mean... I've never wondered about how to take over Norway...

That would be a fate worse than death.
No doubt. Not being able to enjoy music... I'd kill myself.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #96 on: November 15, 2005, 05:33:55 am
I would have to agree about the music thing.  Music is such a huge part of my life; I'm in choir, an a cappella group, and will be getting a minor in music.  Plus I play piano and compose.  I don't know what I'd do without music.  But I have to wonder: if I had never been able to appreciate music, would I miss it?  Somehow I doubt it.  But who knows?
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #97 on: November 15, 2005, 08:38:20 am
I often think to myself how awesome I am.  Therefore, I decided to write poetry about it in haiku form, or as I like to call it, haicool. 

I punched a small child
Their candy is my own now
I am the coolest

You just said something
I don't care what you just said
I am always right

I am so awesome
Everyone will know this
Victory is mine!

People think I'm cool
But some have bad attitudes
I know they're jealous.

You look up to me
I can not help what I am
I'm better than you.

I'll let you read more haikus later on.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 08:52:24 am by NyanNyanKoneko »

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #98 on: November 15, 2005, 04:24:54 pm
I would have to agree about the music thing.  Music is such a huge part of my life; I'm in choir, an a cappella group, and will be getting a minor in music.  Plus I play piano and compose.  I don't know what I'd do without music.  But I have to wonder: if I had never been able to appreciate music, would I miss it?  Somehow I doubt it.  But who knows?

My girlfriend goes to the conservatory of music, I asked her what that audiophelia or whatever it's called was, and she came back with that receptive thing.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #99 on: November 15, 2005, 08:34:19 pm
I’ll ask my physician the next time I see him.  Yet that might not be very soon due to the fact I just got my yearly physical last month.
PS its Audipolific.
Proud to be a BMS team: